Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
troutbelli

Project One Final

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Everyone,

This has been an interesting ride. I made some pretty big changes, all I think took me in a more creative direction. I believe that I have solved the problem by creating a clearer, easier to navigate baby splash page that will one day grow into a toddler webpage.

These are my two inspirational/instructional/helpful sites.

How to Build a Personal Website: An Easy Step-by-Step Guide (2022) (collegeinfogeek.com)
This site gave me creative inspiration as well as useful information on how to build the site and how to make it interesting and draw traffic.
Why You Need a Personal Website | The Muse
I like how this site gave a rational explanation as to why a personal website is important and how important it is to make it appealing to your audience.Image
Attachments
This is the mobile version. I think it has some nice changes.
This is the mobile version. I think it has some nice changes.
I really like how the desktop version turned out.
I really like how the desktop version turned out.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

CadenM

Re: Project One Final

Post by CadenM »

Hi Troutbelli. Your webpage has loads of charm, it really reminds me of playing games on my parents' office computer when I was little. I like the use of your logo from GRC 100, it's a good use of another project.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hey Troutbelli! You are hilarious, you crack me up! Your design is super fun, I love it. I like the sticky note and image, your brand icon is unique. The "so retro" is awesome. I feel ya, I still have yahoo. haha! great job
~Laura Nelson~

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Troutbelli,

I think your web design is special. I think your web design feels like a cartoon's logo. And I think the type style feels like a cartoon. I think your web design is fresh and different. Also, your logo is cool.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ha! What a fun evolution. Love that you leaned into the post-it note.

That bird is cracking me up. He's just so confused about why he's here. Modelling his cage at a swap meet or something. Love all the extra layers of detail you added in since the preliminary version. I think your risky decision to make your logo a less opaque watermark paid off here. It's size conveys it's importance, not it's vibrance or darkness. It feels so far in the background and yet so obvious to the eye. I also like your scribble handwriting font. That combined with the post-it note makes this whole thing look like an almost organized whiteboard, which is a great theme to have, I'd say.

I think your TMCC logo could have been a little bigger on your mobile layout.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hello Chris,

The color in your designs is so nice and that yellow bird and post-it greet you right away. The font you chose also fits in perfectly.
Sandra Torres

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Chris,

Your design is nice. I like how your text is shown in a notepad.

Benjamin Anderson

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Christine,

The colors chosen are nice and soft on the eyes, and your little bird is so cute! Maybe have your logo on the mobile version at the top, and the bird and bio in the center? All in all, the space was used very nicely, and I love the energy. Great job!
- sara matts

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the way you rendered the chick! This design looks nice and is easy to understand where everything is laocated.

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello the sticky note idea with the little image looks cute, I love your background images on this.
Aubrey Delos Reyes