Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Chloe_Humphries

Project One Final

Post by Chloe_Humphries »

Hello Everyone! for my final design I chose the green and yellow combo because it was most popular. Some changes I made was adjusting the font sizes, changing up some shapes and mostly the placement of the mobile version to keep cohesion to the overall page.
My two designs that inspired me were
https://robbowen.digital/
https://brittanychiang.com/
The interface is smooth and interactive which I really like and the designs are very clean and put together! This is inspiring me to try and make my website cool and interactive once project two is due.

Artboard 1.png
Artboard 2.png
Chloe Humphries :mrgreen:

CadenM

Re: Project One Final

Post by CadenM »

Hi Chloe. I love the natural look of your design. Great choice in colors too, that shade of yellow pairs perfectly with the green. Not sure what's going on with the swirly circle on the top right of the page, but it looks cool so I dig it. Great photo too, it goes great with your design.

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Chloe,

I really like the changes you made. The mobile and desktop really belong together now. Well done. The colors are really nice and I love the opacity you used so that your image almost becomes a watermark in other areas of the image.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Chloe! I love your design. Great colors, patterns, fonts and I like your personal logo. I like the changes you made, looks really good. Nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hey! Another bee/pollinator themed one. Cool.

What a lovely background image you've selected, Chloe. It gives the website a peaceful spring vibe which is appropriately seasonal considering we're heading into spring. It makes me smile to look at. Your little shapes that divide your main content from your header remind me of little butterflies or bees or some other colorful pollinator that's come to the field to poke their heads in the flowers. Nice choice of headline font as well. It really fits the vibe of this thing. Good use of transparency on your bottom navigation. It makes it stand out and is easy to find and probably use. I assume the button rollovers will be yellow? Somehow your cool twisted record label style logo manages not to clash with this thing too. I credit that to the fact that you went with bee colors on it.

The only part on this that doesn't really work for me is the big pill that contains your bodycopy. It's shaped wrong compared to the rest of your composition and is a bit jarring. I think it would have looked better as a rounded edged rectangle (like your image container) emerging from the side of your image container to make a continuous wide rectangle that would be centered in your composition. Also, I don't think it needed to be quite that opaque. I think it would have looked better a little more transparent.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Chloe,

Your designs turned out really nice and inviting. The yellow and nature work together to create a warmth throughout. You've done well at creating balance between the type and shapes.
Sandra Torres

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Chloe,

Your design in amazing. I like your background that you have chosen. It looks really nice.

Benjamin Anderson

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Chloe,

I love how everything flows nicely together. Great choice of color, and the logo you created for yourself is done so well. You have inspired me to try and figure something out for myself to add onto my page in time. Great work.
- sara matts

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I love this design! The yellows and greens are all working really well together, and the font choice was bold, but really looked nice. I think it’s very expressive and says a lot about you as a designer.

Damiano Lee

Post by Damiano Lee »

Hi Chloe

i love the way that the border looks on your piece, with it being a really nice shape to look at and having a nice color. i also like the way the boarders look on your website it really ties it all together