project 1 final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Aub

Re: project 1 final

Post by Aub »

I like the colors and the split line, it goes well with the fading background. I just think it's a little empty in some areas.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Damian,
Great job on your layout, I like the filter you have over your photo. Although it would be great to see the full colored pic, you can also play around with the layout and composition so there is not that much empty space. Overall great job. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

EleanorVanEve

Post by EleanorVanEve »

I like how you chose more of an analogous color scheme. All the blues are placed well. The beach theme is very relaxing.
Eleanor Van Evera

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. A fascinating idea, Damiano. You're exploring an interesting direction here.

I'm really intrigued by the hard edges around your content here. It works surprisingly well to draw the eye and announce that there is important content here, but they are thin enough to be elegant. The split tint against your shoreline background image is working pretty well too. It looks like a gel on top of your background image. And your background image is well chosen too. Very visually interesting and plausibly works with your colors. Your navigation is easy to find and placed in an interesting central area. One of the first things the eye goes to in fact. I like where your head's at with this layout.

I think if you're going to be that hard edged with your edges, your name/title should not overlap with your class info. Your class info box needed a little more padding too. Also, I think it would have looked a little better if your content came vertically down a little so it was directly across from your navigation. Maybe have them share a horizontal center.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Damiano,
I enjoyed the background images that you included and the color choices used for both layouts. Great job
Noah Grunwald