Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Ashton_H

Project 01 Final

Post by Ashton_H »

Hello, I didn't really like my preliminary design so I decided to completely change it. I went for a black and white theme, I also chose a forest background as I thought it looked cool. I didn't have a lot of time to work on my preliminary design mainly because I was moving and I just wasn't really happy with it. I went with a typewriter style font and I think it pairs really well with the black and white images I used, also the photo of the bear playing the harp is one of my favorite photos so I had to include it (I didn't take that photo btw lol).

one website I came across was the Odin Project, It doesn't really focus on the design but more of the coding aspect behind building websites. I thought it was really cool and theres a ton of valuable information. https://www.theodinproject.com/

the second website I liked was land book, its a website design inspiration gallery and it features a ton of cool looking websites. It really helped me redesign my website since I didn't really know what to do and looking at other designs helped me a lot. https://land-book.com/
Attachments
Website_final_mobile.jpg
website_final_desktop.jpg

troutbelli

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by troutbelli »

Ashton,

These look really good. The black and white effect works for me. It's very crisp and clean but it also has a bit of a mystical look to it not sure how you managed that. I'm glad you reworked the whole thing because I think you made some great choices.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

Hi Ashton. I really like your design and monochromatic palette. It's very unique, and I think it lands in the sweet spot between chill and eerie. Great work.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hey Ashton! I love the images, they are fun and unique and makes it interesting. I like your background image, and the black and white theme. On computer version, margins are close on the right side and it is hard to see the TMCC logo, but overall looks awesome. I like the font choice and the mobile version is very organized and looks good. Great job!
~Laura Nelson~

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hell Ashton,

Your web design is really cool. I think your background picture of combination of forests and fog is really mysterious. I also think your layout is really well placed. It also makes your type font look comfortable. Your wed design remined me of Twilight movie.

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Ashton,

I think your design is great! I like that it's monochromatic and I think the type goes well with the mood it creates. I also thought the layout was clean.

Great work
Sandra Torres

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Ashton,

I really like your design. The photo that you chose for the back is great and I really like it. You did great on your design.

Benjamin Anderson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh snap! This is super cool, Ashton. Very "hunting cryptids" vibes. The truth is out there. And that beetle? He's me. I'm feeling his situation right now.

So much cool visual texture throughout this layout. Every corner is visually interesting. It has such a mysterious "deep in the Pacific Northwest woods" atmosphere. It all starts with that background image that adds depth and via contrast leads the eye to your navigation. Then there's the typeface choice that makes everything look like it's been in a filing cabinet since the '60s. Love that distressed typewriter look. And your pictures, man! That bear and the beetle look like they're subjects of this cryptid hunt. And your design collapses down so well for mobile. You navigation is easy to see and presumably to use. The eye moves well through this whole thing.

Your "Links" button and your logo vanish into the trees at the bottom of the computer layout.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Ashton,

I love the background you chose, very mystic energy. Maybe left align the body font instead of center? I love the mono chromatic color pallet chosen as well. Great work.
- sara matts

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! This layout works really well and is easy for website users. I think the black and white works well!