Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
SandraT

Project 1 Final

Post by SandraT »

Hi Everyone,

Per the preliminary suggestions, I decided to go with the honeycomb design and color palette. I had a few comments on the type so I lined it up, increased the size and gave it more room. I also exchanged the "TMCC" with the white logo and deleted the hamburger menu. Lastly, I emphasized the honeycomb design by adding more and increasing the size.

Here are my two useful sites:
https://university.webflow.com/interactive-learning
This site has lots of tutorials, courses, etc. What I liked the most was the glossary because there is so much jargon I don't know. Also, they have an interactive learning section and that can be really helpful if you're a hands-on learner.

https://webdesign.tutsplus.com
This site has a lot of tutorials. I found it interesting that it has videos and tutorials for more than just web design. They also have courses, some of which are free.
Attachments
desktop_final.png
mobile_final.png
Sandra Torres

troutbelli

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by troutbelli »

Sandra,

I really like the changes you made. The honeycomb design really stands out and it gives it a stronger visual appeal with the dark background. I'm not a huge fan of the font you used in the body copy, it doesn't flow with the beautiful font you used in the nav buttons.
Hope this is helpful.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

Hi Sandra. Your design is great. I love how clean it is while still telling of your personality. The honeycomb design is satisfying to look at, and the black and yellow looks great together.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Sandra! I love it, you did a super great job! Fonts work very well, clean, organized and interesting. I love the honeycomb and placement of everything is awesome. Great job!
~Laura Nelson~

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! You really made the black background work with the pops of yellow. I love the honey comb theme. These are really good designs!

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hello,

I really like this design. The yellow and black really work together. The honeycomb really adds to the design,

Benjamin Anderson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh! The Bee one! I'm glad you picked this one, Sandra.

I love the honeycomb graphics. They give the thing a warm, but slightly techy energy. They also work great for framing your content. You establish such good contrast through your design as well. It's very cyberpunk nature. That pic on your computer layout is too adorable. That dog is the very definition of joyous comfort. It serves well to warm your whole composition. I like your title and your navigation font on your computer version. It works well with the high contrast soft blocky layout of the rest of it. The bodycopy on your computer version is well chosen too. It's soft but not homey like a serif type would be. Helps reinforce your design theme. Your navigation is easy to see and use and well placed.

I prefer the bodycopy font on your computer layout to the one on your mobile layout. In fact, I prefer it to your email font as well. I also prefer your navigation font on your computer layout to the navigation font on your mobile layout. I think there's a way to get the you and the smiling dog pic into one hexagon. Or, better yet, two hexagons right next to each other.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Sandra,

Your website design looks great! The honey comb parts really pop out because of the yellow that you added onto that black background. Good choice by making your type white, I also like how in the image you chose has yellow in it too from the light of the sun.
Melissa Sanchez

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Sandra,

I think your web design is cool. I think the black color background, gold color lines and shapes go well together. I also think your layout is well organized. The sections are divided, so it's comfortable to see.

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Sandra,

I like the colors you chose, and who doesn't love honeycomb imagery? Maybe make your name a bit larger on the desktop view? Great work!
- sara matts