Project 01 final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 01 final

Post by Instructor »

Looks like you posted two mobile designs here, Seungwoo, so I'm just going to snag a favorite and critique that.

My favorite of the two is the San Diego one. I like the choice of image. It attracts the eye and has a great sunset gradient as well as textures that make it visually interesting. I like the custom cutout around your selfie as well. It's eye catching and a bit unexpected. I like the idea of sectioning the page with horizontal bars. Everything is crisply laid out. Your navigation and project links are easy to fins and, presumably, easy to use. I like your choice of title font. That "About Me" is very visually interesting.

I think the whole thing would look better if you swapped the blue background with a purple or orange from your San Diego sunset image. There's not a lot of margins on your type, either at the top or the bottom. Everything seems very smushed together. I think there's too many fonts as well. It would have looked better if you used the title font for your navigation and a sans-serif for your bodycopy and class info.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

EleanorVanEve

Post by EleanorVanEve »

Hello! I like your first design. The frame you have around your photo adds a futuristic vibe to the design which looks cool. I also like the city (or baseball field?) photo you added. The photography looks nice. I would like to see the web version of this design too.
Eleanor Van Evera

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi SeungWoo,
I think that the font that you chose for the website goes very well with the overall look of the website. I liked both of the images you included of the websites as well. Overall, great work!
Noah Grunwald

lakelyn_dean

Post by lakelyn_dean »

Hi! I like the design with the city picture in it. I like the choice of blue and white and think your navigation is easy to find.
Lakelyn Dean <3