Project Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Aub

Project Final

Post by Aub »

I decided to go with my wood and leaves layout because most people suggested to edit on it. It was very plain and had a lack of texture and organization before. I added some leaves for the background and a wood texture just so there's more going on. I also found a way to add my dog Josh into the branches aswell. I may edit on it more in the future or maybe not, we'll see :)

https://www.magazineheaven.com/
I took inspiration from this website because I liked their box like design, it looked uniform to me and I liked the way they added some cut into the boxes by making empty space in between some of the pictures.

https://www.flyhyer.com/
I liked this website's design because it just seemed to clean. It was actually meant for my other design with the blues and whites but it didn't go anywhere really. I liked flyhyer's movement in the website, I don't know if I'll be able to make these leaves move but I just thought it'd be a cool website to share regardless. The boldness and clearness of the website really made it better in my opinion.
Attachments
mobile_final JPG.jpg
computer_final JPG.jpg
Aubrey Delos Reyes

troutbelli

Re: Project Final

Post by troutbelli »

Aubrey,

I really like the changes that you made. I especially like how you framed your photos to match the woodwork. I'm super glad you got to keep your little dog in there because I think that it adds a great personal touch.

Well done!

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Aub! Looks great! Love the background and the theme of the chain/wooden boards, it looks awesome. For the computer version, I would move the TMCC logo under your paragraph description and make your name the first thing you see and the biggest. In that space to put the logo above the "Truckee Meadows Community College" Nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

EleanorVanEve

Post by EleanorVanEve »

Cute layout! I love the wood placards used for links. The leaves you added to your background is a nice touch.
Eleanor Van Evera

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hey! The sign one. You've evolved it nicely, Aub.

One of the neat little details that I didn't pick up on your preliminary version of this is the way some of your leaves overlap your signs. That adds a lot of depth and visual interest and really sells your background as a thicket of leaves. Your wood texture continues to look really good too. It really sells the whole layout as a series of linked hand carved signs. The chains serve to lead the eye around the composition. Nice use of size to convey importance as well. It's a nice clean layout that uses it's detail and concept to the fullest.

I think it probably would have looked a little better if you had used the same font for your subheads as you did for your name headline. That name headline looks like it's carved into the sign, the others not so much. I also think your bodycopy didn't need to be centered. I think it would have looked better left aligned.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Aubrey,

You did a great job with the changes. The background fits with the realistic wood texture and there's not too much of either.

Love the dog picture!
Sandra Torres

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Aubrey,

Your background and colors are great. I like the leave texture of the background.

Benjamin Anderson

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Aubrey,

You did well with using the space more and adding to it. I think the body could look better if the type is not centered but aligned left. Other than that, very good job. Very creative.
- sara matts

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I enjoyed this layout a lot! It’s very visually pleasing and lets the eye flow through the page well. It definitely feels like a website, and its all executed well.

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Aub,

I think your web design is cool. Your background is made of green color and leaves, which are well-made. Also, your layout is well-organized. It is comfortable to see because it is well-organized.