Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Melissa Sanchez

Project One Final

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Everyone,

after the critiques I decided to go with my tulip website design and I ended up changing a few things about it. I got rid of the Hamburger menu, and I also changed the typography in my design to one that is more fitting. I made the type for my links, projects, and resources smaller and I lined them up as well as the tulip icons next to them. I also added more leaves into the background to make it less empty. For my mobile design I also changed the size of the type for my text since it was a bit hard to read before.

https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/estate4/
I got inspiration from this website , I am a fan of the layout as well as the color schemes that were used in it. I also like how motion graphics were added into it, they make the website feel more interactive.

https://www.niccolomiranda.com/
This was another website I found to be really interesting and interactive, it is themed like a newspaper and it uses so much creativity when showcasing things off such as the persons work since it is a portfolio. I am also a fan of the typography that was used and the way some type is bigger and bolder/ the variety of type.
Attachments
GRC175_p01_finalmobile01_ms.png
GRC175_p01_final_ms.png
GRC175_p01_final_ms.png (933.84 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Melissa Sanchez

troutbelli

Re: Project One Final

Post by troutbelli »

Melissa,

This turned out really good. Your use of colors has a nice blend and your graphic still make me smile. I would definitely click on this site.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

Hi Melissa. Great work with this design. Your colors are cohesive, and I like that your pink color wraps around the picture. I think if you were to change anything, you could make the white color slightly warmer or cooler to give it a little more emotion. Over all, great job.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Melissa! I love your layout, it is fun, beautiful, colorful, happy and very springy. Perfect timing! I like the drawn flowers and then the real photo of the tulips. Might be missing a couple of things.. But overall very appealing and great presentation. Pretty design, good job!
~Laura Nelson~

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi Melissa! This design is beautiful. I love the tulips that you rendered. The colors all work really well together. Great design!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I love this "rising sun into a pink sky" layout you have going on here, Melissa. It's very strong.

The whole thing has a kind of cell shaded, 2D animation wonderland feel. It seems like I'm walking into the sunset through a field of tulips. Such a nice vibe. Very 17th century Dutch. I feel like some cutsey animated character is going to burst in singing from offscreen. Your colors are working together very well here. They give the whole thing a clean kind of candy kitchen feeling. Your tulips are will rendered and arranged. The entire layout uses vanishing point perspective to point the eye to the center which is just too cool. Everything is making you look at that circle. In spite of that, the navigation is easy to see and presumably to use. Also, your margins are pretty darn good. Everything has clear room to breathe.

I think the arc around your circle image could have been better matched with the circle on your computer layout. It's perfect on your phone layout as a point of comparison. I think your mobile one could have used a couple of extra falling leaves and/or petals next to your nav on your mobile version. I don't think your bodycopy needed to be that bold.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Melissa,

The changes you made look good. Your designs are some of my favorites because of the flowers and the colors you used are beautiful.
Sandra Torres

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Melissa,

Great job. I enjoy the flowers that you have chosen for your design.

Benjamin Anderson

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Melissa,

The tulips you created are so stinking cute! I love how nicely everything flows together, and the colors are so bright. Everything flows together, and it brings a smile to my face. Great work!
- sara matts

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Melissa,

I think your web design is pretty. I think the colors and logos in the background match well. And I think the web design feels warm.