Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
sothgara

Project One Final

Post by sothgara »

Hello everyone,
I chose to go with the second design I created. On my desktop view I made the photo match to the top line of the title. I moved my class info up and in to match with the left edge of the title, nav, and body copy. I moved up the class info as well to have equal distance from the bottom as the nav on the top. On my mobile view I centered the text block, but did not center align. Tried to give it more breathing space. I feel my design features all the needed elements for a simple portfolio page that is used to display my work. I am sure I will make edits to it further along in the class once we all learn more.

I chose both of these websites because they give great examples of the elements you should feature in your design for a portfolio site. There are definitely some that are super complex, but again I think less is more with where I am at. They cover good design while making sure it is functional, and also challenges that you may face along the way.
https://larryludwig.com/web-design-portfolio-examples/
https://10web.io/blog/portfolio-website-examples/
Attachments
finalweb.png
finalmobile.png
- sara matts

troutbelli

Re: Project One Final

Post by troutbelli »

Sara,

I like the choice you made. This is a great image and the overall effect is clean and really make it look inviting. The only thing I might change would be to move the hamburger/pancake menu just a little further from your name, it's just a little crowded.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

Hi Sara. I love your composition, its typographic hierarchy is very pleasant and easy to understand. I just wish it had more of your personality on display. Minimalism helps when it comes to presenting concise information, but this is a personal webpage, and an excuse to get really creative with it. That being said, this is just the main page, there's going to be plenty of time in the coming projects to explore that creativity. With that in mind, having the door on your main page is fantastic symbolism. Overall, great job.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hey Sara! I like that your design is a crisp, clean and organized layout. I like the image and placement of typography. One very minor and nitpicky thing(only because it is a clean, simple layout).. is some very slight alignment things but if it is intentional, then you go. I would say if it is intentional just make sure you make it obvious and not hard to tell if it is off half a letter. But it looks great, nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Sara,

I really like your web design. Your web design is clear and organized. The layout is really well placed. I find your website easy to look at. Also, I think you added pointed to the important type. I think your picture is really cool.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You went with the cool textured one! Excellent!

That image is such a strong choice, Sara. I love it's color and texture. It serves as a great focal point to draw the eye. I'm glad you didn't try to fight it. The rest of your layout has a classy, upscale feeling to it. It makes me think of a luxury resort of high end product website. I like the choice of a thin typeface as well. It backs up the luxury look and feel and doesn't really cause any legibility issues because it's black on a white background. Aside from a little hiccup with your headline, the whole thing makes good use of margins. Everything is wide open and has lots of room to breathe. Your navigation is easy to find and presumably easy to use.

Your headline name is a little too wide on both your computer and mobile layouts. On your computer layout it crowds the cool textured image a bit and on your mobile version it spills over the left edge and also crowds your hamburger menu to the right.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hello Sara,

I like that your font choice is similar in the headlines/body type. The rounded flow of them is a nice contrast to the straight lines in the picture.

Well done
Sandra Torres

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Sara,

The texture picture was a great choice. The design is really well done. Great job.

Benjamin Anderson

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the geometric, symmetry feel that this design has from the triangles you used. Great colors too!

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello, good use of geometry in your website design. I like the font you used aswell, if you want you can add some texture in the background or maybe 1 more photo.
Aubrey Delos Reyes