Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Benjamin_Anderson

Project 1 Final

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi everyone,

I choose the design of with the lake back ground. I took the suggests given and added them in. I took out the oval behind my name. I changed the tmcc logo to the white version. I changed the color of the class and made sure it was easier to read. I finally changed the fonts to make sure that there were only two fonts being used throughout the design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiY9ZroekRk
This video helped my understand what I should not put on a website. I also learned that there is a lot of websites that try to add to many photos or items that can be distracted.

https://www.interaction-design.org/lite ... web-design
This website helped me understand what goings into the design of websites. I understood more of the appearance and layout that goes into make a great website.
Attachments
Design 2.3.jpg
Design 2.2.jpg

troutbelli

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by troutbelli »

Benjamin this looks really great. I think the changes you made were positive and I like that you used a little less brown. The overall image is definitely clearer and makes me want to see what is to come. My only suggestion at this point is that on the mobile version, there is a lot of open space below your nav buttons. Maybe balancing out the spacing of that nav bar or buttons might make it look a little more complete. I actually held my cell up to the monitor to see how it compared to my actual phone and it gave me a clearer idea of how I could get a better balance.
Hope this is helpful.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

Hi Benjamin. I love the natural look to your webpage, and that there's some shading to give the picture of you some depth. The only thing that I think could be changed is the Project # links could have more contrast on the page to make them more distinct. Great work overall.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Benjamin! I like the background image, looks great. Your background of your photo perfectly matches your main background which makes it come together. Colors are cohesive. I like the size and font of you name. A tiny bit hard to read the class name, that's very mild. For web layout just be careful of margin space. Nice job
~Laura Nelson~

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Benjamin,

I think your web design is cool. Your web design is natural and comfortable. Also, I think the layout is well arranged. But I think the second design broadened the use of space. It would be nice to add anything under the home and project layout.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hey! The river one! This one's still looking good, Benjamin.

I love that background image. It's very peaceful and has a vanishing point that helps guide the eye through your layout. Your clearly on board with it, as evidenced by your river rock navigation and excellent use of transparency to blend the image in with your layout. A textbook example of a clean, simple layout made exponentially more interesting by great image and color choices. It also has good contrast where it needs to. I have no trouble reading any key piece of info. Your navigation is easy to find see, and presumably used as well. I'm not usually a fan of Impact, but here it goes well and enables the type to be read against the river texture.

Your class info type looks quite stretched out. I think your TMCC logo would have looked better centered in the bottom or your nav on your computer layout.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Benjamin,

Good job with your edits. I'm liking the black type. In your mobile version, I think using the space to put your projects could work better.
Sandra Torres

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Benjamin,

I really enjoy how peaceful your background image is. The edits made moved the layout in a positive way. I think the tmcc logo on the desktop layout would look great if it was centered in the page under your class info, or where it is, but a little higher up. Great job.
- sara matts

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love how you played with the opacity of the background image, so that it wasn’t too dominant in the design. I really like your web layout but the phone layout feels a bit empty. Otherwise great job

Damiano Lee

Post by Damiano Lee »

Hi Benjamin

i really like the color of the icons for the projects, they look like the same color as the rocks in the picture, i think it really works. i think that the design all fits together really nice with the photo, it really hits home an open vibe.