Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas

Project 1 Final

Post by Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas »

Good morning! After the last post and seeing the critiques, I decided to with the grey background and went for a starry night design. I changed the desktop layout quite a bit to make it easier to navigate. This project really helped me understand margins and spacing better!

https://www.ecurtisdesigns.com/web-layout-design/
Very helpful in terms of design, helped me understand the layout of a website better. It made designing a more balanced website much easier.

https://bootcamp.berkeley.edu/blog/how- ... tch-guide/
Simple step-by-step layout with easy-to-understand language for beginners. Focused more on the actual construction of sites, but it helped me understand what to expect and what to add.
Attachments
mobile_layout_final.png
desktop_layout_final.png
-samson <3

troutbelli

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Samson,

I really like the changes you made. The pages are really looking nice. I enjoy the star design along with your artwork. The one thing I notice is that your email is really small. My takeaway from the assignment is that this is a personal webpage, so that's why I think it needs to be larger, or somehow find a way to make it call out to the viewer. Hope this helps.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

Great work, Samson. The only thing that stuck out to me that could be changed is the links at the top seem too high on the mobile version. It looks more like an app than a website. Otherwise great work, I like your use of color and your artwork.

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Samson,

I think your web design is cool. I think the black background and blue logos look good together. Also, I think the layout is so good.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Samson! I really like your design. I like all the changes you made. Your layout is fun, interesting, organized and cohesive. I like the stars and your graphic photo. Nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, the night sky one! Nicely done, Samson.

That blanket of stars texture continues to attract the eye and add visual interest. I don't think I fully got that your OC/'sona was supposed to be in the moon in the night sky. A visual werewolf pun. Nice! Your type is working well. Usually, I'd say something about the serif bodycopy, but here it's working well so I won't question it. Good use of colors as well. The shades of blue giving it a gothic night vibe. Also, the blues make the colors on your OC/'sona stand out, especially the gold eyes. Good margins on your computer versions as well. Everything has room to breathe. Your navigation is easy to see, find, and presumably use.

Your bodycopy on your mobile version is

a

little

too

spaced

out

and would have looked better a bit closer together vertically. It's just fine on your computer version. Also, your stars are a little close to your type in the mobile version. I like the distance between them and your copy and the distance between each other on your computer version better.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Samson,

I love the stars! They are such pretty designs and you used all the space available to you.

Nice job
Sandra Torres

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Samson,

I like the design that you went with. It is really well designed.

Benjamin Anderson

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Samson,

I love colors you chose. The type on the mobile version is a bit too stretched out, but maybe that was what your vision was? All the space is used well. Great job!
- sara matts

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love your color choices. The body copy feels a bit unbalanced but other than that, these designs allow the eye to move through the layout well. Nice job!