Project One Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
wsgallegos

Project One Preliminary

Post by wsgallegos »

Hi, I'm William! For my two designs I wanted to do something that looked clean and simplistic but still had a visually appealing vibe to it. I feel like I started to capture that in my second design after playing around with the first rough and getting an idea of what I wanted. These are my two websites I found to be cool/inspirational:

https://www.rcarecords.com/
https://unseen.co/

both of them are very clean and have a comfy feel!

Here are my first roughs:
rough1 mobile.jpg
rough1_computer.jpg
and here are my second roughs:
rough2_mobile.jpg
rough2_computer.jpg
-William Gallegos-

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project One Preliminary

Post by Instructor »

Well there, William. You posted your stuff a week late, but you did turn in something. And you did give feedback to your fellow students, so I appreciate your effort.

I like your second design. It feels cleaner and has better contrast. In particular, I'm struck by it's great margins. Everything has room to breathe and there is room for things to flex and slide around but nothing is fragmenting. Good choice on your typefaces as well. The info and nav typeface feels like it's handwritten which serves to reinforce the sketchbook feel of the design, while your clean title and bodycopy makes for easy reading and enhances the geometry of the whole thing. Your picture ia well placed as an accent and to provide some color and visual interest. Your navigation is easy to see and, presumably, easy to use.

I'd probably have your navigation snap into a bar on your mobile version rather than shrinking it next to your bodycopy. You can have your text slip down underneath it and be separated by a bar like your image and bottom navigation are. The same goes for your bottom navigation. Make a row of that stuff. You want that stuff big so big, fat figers can touch it on a screen. Remember, with mobile versions you are enlarging and simplifying your content.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

troutbelli

Re: Project One Preliminary

Post by troutbelli »

William,

I like the white design. It's very clean. The mobile version is super close to the top of the screen. Not sure how that will translate in a live site. Otherwise, it looks like you left plenty of space for growth.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...