Project One Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ngrunwald

Project One Prelim

Post by ngrunwald »

Hello, this is my first web design class I’ve taken and I’ve had a lot of fun with this project so far. I started my research for this project by looking at sites that I thought were cool, or liked aspects of that I wanted to use in my layout. Most of the websites I looked at had a simple layout with a cool background photo which was something I wanted to recreate for one of my designs. Once I began constructing the layouts for my website I experimented a lot with different tools on illustrator to see what looked good. Overall, I’m pretty happy with how these look and I am excited to see what changes I can make in the future.

The two websites I've linked for inspiration, I feel are both simple in certain aspects but also very unique. The website layouts, while they were busy, were easy to navigate. I also feel these websites were extremely eye-catching which is something I want to have my website do as well.
https://unseen.co/
https://www.criticaldanger.com/
Attachments
good_rough2.png
basic_rough.png
mobile_rough1.png
mobile_rough2.png
Noah Grunwald

reagan

Re: Project One Prelim

Post by reagan »

The designs are super rad. I really like the background you picked for the first ones.
-Reagan H. :twisted:

wsgallegos

Post by wsgallegos »

Hello!

These are great designs! The pictures you have really compliment the layout. might want to consider available space for future adjustments! great start!
-William Gallegos-

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. You posted your stuff a week late, but you did turn in something. And you did give feedback to your fellow students, so I appreciate it, but would have liked to have seen this turned in last Friday.

I like your first psychedelic ripple one there, Noah. It's tremendously visually appealing. I love the detailing and color shifting in it. The ripples make for a great pattern that attracts the eye toward the middle. Good typeface choices as well. Your title type reflects your logo and the them of the website quite well, whereas your navigation and info type is very legible without violation the psychedelic ideal of the whole thing. Good use of margin as well. Lot's of room to breathe without fragmenting. Your navigation is easy to find and, presumably, easy to use.

I don't know that it necessarily needs the gray box behind the bodycopy and navigation. I think your blue/swirl/ripple background pattern is dark enough that if you made your bodycopy, navigation, separation line, and class info white, they would easily pop out against your background. It would make the thing look a little less muddy.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173