Proj 01 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
lakelyn_dean

Re: Proj 01 Prelim

Post by lakelyn_dean »

Hi! I love the second darker design! The color contrast works really well, and the font choice matches that vibe perfectly. I like the use of the pattern for the whole background and how the type is still really easy to read. The layout is also nice and pleasing to look at, it feels very balanced. The mobile version of this design is just as nice. I do like both designs you came up with and feel they are both strong, I just personally like the darker one better.
Lakelyn Dean <3

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think it's good that your two web designs are really diverse and colorful and use many different colors. Also, it's impressive that they're highlighted with flowers. And I think they're dreamy and beautiful, like they're representing waves.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got me violating my own taste trends here, Anastasia. Usually I'm all about contrast and would ordinarily be all over your second design. But I find your first vintage rose design appealing. I think it's the stronger of the two designs and the one you should go with.

The whole thing has a flower scrapbook feel. Like it's a printed antique book meant to evoke pressed flowers between pages. I love the grainy texture on everything like it's a very old printing or a big stamp or something. That, combined with your background color really create a sense of antique paper. I like the little flower wreath as like bunting on the bottom of your bodycopy container as well. You've got a good color palette as well. All your colors work together nicely and reinforce the antiquity of your website. Your title and class info text goes well with the composition. Your navigation is easy to find and, presumably, easy to use.

I would pick a different typeface for your bodycopy. Your titles and class info are fine, but I have difficulty reading your bodycopy. Maybe play with the transparency on your content rounded edged rectangles a little to let just a little more of your textured vintage rose through.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Anastsia,

I really liked both of your designs. I liked the simplicity of your first design and the color choices you used for your background. However your second design stood out to me the most. I loved your color choices for the background swirl it looks really cool. I also think your font on your second rough fits with your background. Great job
Noah Grunwald

wsgallegos

Post by wsgallegos »

Hello!

I really like the blue, orange and red groovy design! good job making the rest of the content flow with the background!
-William Gallegos-