Preliminary Critique Project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! Here are a few of my web layout roughs.
WEBSITE INSPO:
https://www.lucyedendesign.com/
https://www.thelookoutcompany.com/
I absolutely love these two designers and seeing their work is constant inspiration for me. Their websites are clean, simple and eye-catching which is the look I'm going for throughout my own designs.
Attachments
rough_web02_pgn.png
rough_web02_pgn.png (7.24 MiB) Viewed 83 times
rough_web01_jpeg.jpg
rough_phone02_png.png
rough_phone01_png.png
Last edited by Olivia_haltom on Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laura

Re: Preliminary Critique Project 1

Post by Laura »

Your branding logo of your initials is awesome. The icons are great.
~Laura Nelson~

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Olivia,

This looks great. I like the version with the green a lot. I think you have definitely built a strong foundation for this assignment and have so much room to grow. The choice of using icons rather than verbal links is great. I may have to steal the idea. 8-)
Looking forward to seeing what's next.

Cheers!

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Olivia,

Grate color choices, very pretty. Your logo is great! I love the design with the pink background most, and love the typography. The way everything is placed looks just right. I am a big fan of using hamburger menu's for mobile views, this is just a personal preference, but I feel it is very user friendly and also frees up space for you. Maybe that could be something to consider? I love your work.
- sara matts

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hello Olivia,

I think the design with the creme background works well in tying the rest of the colors together. Using one of the other colors a bit more might be interesting.
Sandra Torres

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'm all about contrast, Olivia. I like your first layout the best. It's almost antiseptically clean.

The whole thing feels a bit like a website or a pleasant coffee house or a nursery that sells only succulents. The right aligned bodycopy was a strong choice. It really adds a unique bit of texture to the design and opens up some fascinating opportunities to play with alignment and create some edges out of nothingness. Your navigation is well placed and easy to see and use. I like the use of the dark bar to both draw the eye to the navigation and frame the content below it. Your two typefaces play off each other well. They're both deeply non-standard which stands out on the samey looking web.

I'm not 100% sold on the green and pastel violet color combo. I'd be tempted to either add a bit of red to the violet or a bit of yellow to the green to bring them more across from each other on the color wheel. I'd also recommend rounding the edges of your photo so it goes with the rounded edges of the pastel green rectangle behind it on your computer layout.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Olivia,
I really like your designs, they're really cute and i like how you presented your color scheme, I really like the fist design with the green it looks very well done and you can find everything easily. And i like the inclusion of your initial logo design it works very well. The only Thing I would recommend is trying to work with the shape design on your mobile form of the fist attachment design you have. It does look a bit cluttered towards the top, but that's an easy fix. Overall great job on your design, can't wait to see the final. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello! The layout of ur pages looks amazing! Its as if it were already a website, I personally dont like the peachy color with the green but thats just me, good job!
Aubrey Delos Reyes

lakelyn_dean

Post by lakelyn_dean »

Hi! Personally, I love the one with the pink background, particularly because of its layout. I felt it was the most attractive although I think both designs look great. I also really like the font you chose, I think it works well with your name.
Lakelyn Dean <3

Ashton_H

Post by Ashton_H »

I really like your designs! I like how you used your logo from Grc 100, and the color combinations work really well! the navigation looks great and I really like the fonts you chose, great job!