Project One Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
seungwoo lee

Re: Project One Prelim

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think your two web designs feel opposite to each other. The first design feels warm in color. The second design feels more stronger and tough. It is amazing and different that the two designs. Both web designs have clear type arrangements. And the first one uses your picture, and the second design uses characters.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh those are rad! I really like that the Sith Lord one. Such a strong composition and colors. And that image...

That image hits hard. Such great color. Darth Chloe's looking right at the user with such malice. Super wicked. I like the way the rest of the layout pulls elements and Dark Side colors from the image. It's super atmospheric and paints you as someone not to be trifled with. That background is dark enough that you can achieve great contrast against it, bot with your white type and your red twisted logo. I'm all about that super twisted logo. Looks like something a record store would have. What great motion. The design collapses well between computer and mobile while maintaining a common look and feel. You've used margins well. They both provide room to breathe and room for the design to collapse and reflow down from computer to mobile. The typefaces are clean and sharp, as befitting the content. Very clipped and official. Very Imperial. Your navigation is easy to find an presumably easy to use.

Remember to vertically center your type between your header and your image on your mobile layout. Make sure your bodycopy flows and does not hyphenate. I don't really have much else to critique.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Chole,
I really liked both of your designs, they are both very clean. I like your color choices on your first design, The yellow with the green back round makes it pop more. I also like your logo in the top right it looks good there. I also really liked your star wars design and the color choices you used for that design. Out of the two designs I like your first one more but both of your designs look great.
Noah Grunwald

wsgallegos

Post by wsgallegos »

Hello!

Great designs, good composition/layouts! I like the use of the black/red gradient!
-William Gallegos-