Project One Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Chloe_Humphries

Project One Prelim

Post by Chloe_Humphries »

Artboard 2.png
Artboard 1.png
draft02.png
draft02_mobile.png
The websites that helped me out the most were portfolio designs off Behance. https://www.behance.net/gallery/1766810 ... folio&l=57 and https://edz.us/albums/abstracts-i/ were both inspirational in terms of being interesting yet still simplistic.
Chloe Humphries :mrgreen:

troutbelli

Re: Project One Prelim

Post by troutbelli »

Chloe,

These are great. The colors on the yellow design really got my eye right away. My first impression was of a pumpkin, so if I were to suggest a change it would be the shape of the ellipse. Maybe reduce opacity a bit more? Just a thought. On the second design I really like how your added a red gradient into the background to draw back from all the black. It gave it a good balance.

Nice work.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Laura

Post by Laura »

Great design layouts! The first is my favorite. I would maybe do a fade/ gradient for the background photo so the pattern, name and logo can stick out more and not look too busy. Good job.
~Laura Nelson~

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Chloe,

I love both of your designs, they both tell such a different story. I am drawn to the one with the Star Wars vibe more, but I love the movies so maybe that's why, lol. I love the logo you made, the colors and typeface are great too. Maybe use a hamburger menu for the mobile view? Frees up more space for a smaller screen size. You can add your email and all the extras with the extra space you'll have.
- sara matts

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hello Chloe,

Great job on these. I love the illustration of the cold design and the colors are beautiful together. Perhaps giving a bit more weight to the three selections at the bottom would help balance out the type.
Sandra Torres

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the firsy yellow version! The colors and photo of your are very eye catching. I also love the retro looking font you used. Great job :)

Ashton_H

Post by Ashton_H »

I really like the yellow design, I really like the picture you used, and your font choice. I think putting the navigation at the top for the mobile layout would work a little better, it works on the desktop but it might be hard to see on the phone. I like the background and the heard designs you used, it adds a lot and It add some personality to the design, good job!

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello! I love your designs! They have a great theme on their own and that makes it look like a great website so far! My only suggestion is for the sunflower one, maybe change the photo’s shape to fit in with the rest of the image. I personally think its sharp
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hello Chloe,
I found your designs absolutely stunning and very professional. The attention to detail is awesome, but I Am really draw to the Star Wars vibes. The character on it is beautiful and I like the body font for your introduction. My only suggestion is trying to play around with fonts. I like the main fonts you have now but I feel you can find one that ties with the theme of your composition. Overall great work can’t wait to see it. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

lakelyn_dean

Post by lakelyn_dean »

Hi! I love both designs and how they are completely different from each other so it is hard to pick a favorite. But I feel like the overall composition of your darker design looks cleaner and is a little easier to look at than the one with a busy background. Both font choices also work well with each design, but I like the more bubbly and fun font. If you go with your darker design, maybe you could find a fun font that represents you but still fits into the composition well.
Lakelyn Dean <3