project 01 preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Verenisse

project 01 preliminary

Post by Verenisse »

Hello guys,
My name is Verenisse,
I'm presenting these two layouts because I wanted to explore both a fun and bold design and a soft yet cutesy design. I went with my favorite colors and decided to insert one of my OG characters into the layout and go around it and create something unique. I believe these layouts can solve the project by introducing a way of design that is eligible and fun to view. Exploring different ideas, combining them to make them your own, and making the layout unique to oneself. Also, come up with layouts that sometimes break the current rules that are Known to web design. Also tried to incorporate a circus theme for mine while still being simplistic about it. Any suggestion?
Thank you!
inspirational websites: www.minecraft.net because I like the overall use of block forms to create headline and sub-headline spaces and the use of the game playing in the background was cool to me. www.auntieannes.com (I know this one is weird but while I was getting something to eat, I looked at its overall layout and liked the bright bold colors it has, and the layout was pretty easy to navigate in both the app and website) :lol:
computer layout 1
computer layout 1
mobile layout 1
mobile layout 1
computer layout 2
computer layout 2
mobile layout 2
mobile layout 2
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Laura

Re: project 01 preliminary

Post by Laura »

Fun designs! I like the first one, the colors are great and I love the round light images. For the top, I would give your picture a little bit more space. For both, make sure you have a little bit more space before the borders so everything is not too close to the edge.
~Laura Nelson~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Designing with your stomach, eh? That's fair. Plus that twist on pizza looks super good.

I'm all about your second pastel design, Verenisse. It's fun and open, pleasant and inviting. The high contrast pastel purple and white colorscheme works well together. Your layout's pretty clean with room to expand and contract depending on display size. A bottom layout is nontypical, but you do a good job drawing the eye to it and it's not such a big deal in todays big, high resolution monitor environment. I like your Wizard OC too. She adds to the sense of whimsy in your design. I think she's about to sell me ice cream or something sweet. Pretty good use of margin throughout your layout as well. Everything has room to breathe.

What's your plan for the white area around your navigation? If you're not sure, I'd recommend shrinking it way down vertically on your computer layout to reduce the whitespace and bringing your buttons to the center on your mobile layout. I'm nor sure you need a hamburger menu with how few buttons you have. I'd probably center 'em and make 'em screen width. I'd also recommend using a different bodycopy. The one you're using is difficult to read. Try a less narrow, lighter typeface

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Verenisse,

Your designs are so bright and beautiful. Love how fun they are. I love the second design best, the little cartoon of you is so cute! For the mobile view you wouldn't need a hamburger menu if you have separate buttons for the links, it functions as a drop down where you would place the links. I myself am a fan of a hamburger menu, then you can have freed up space for other things on the smaller screen size. Maybe center all of the links on the desktop view? The colors are really great together, and I love the type you chose.
- sara matts

Ashton_H

Post by Ashton_H »

I really like the second design, the only thing i would change is the font for the body text. the font seems squished and it puts quite a bit of strain on the eyes when reading it. other than that, i really like your designs! I like how it feels cartoony and it works really well!

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hello Verenisse,

I think your first design is the more bold one. Your character fits nicely in that color palette and the type for your name is great too. I would suggest using different type for things like the body copy and class name; it's a little difficult to read.
Sandra Torres

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Verinesse,

Cute designs. I have to say my favorite is going to be the second one. Growing up in Reno, the first one has a bit of a Circus Circus look to it. Not that it's a bad thing, I just prefer the second one. The lavender one is nice to look at. Its cute and makes me smile so definitely solves part of the problem.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello I think both of your ideas work well here I dont really have a preference as they both looks great! I would suggest removing any black outlines or replacing them with different colors other than black to get a cleaner look
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hello,

Both designs look great. I like the first design. You have great colors, however I suggest using a different color for behind the your tabs instead of a darker pink/red.

Benjamin Anderson

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Verinesse,

I have to say I really like your second design. I think the colors work more together and the composition catches my eye. I also like the use of typography in your name. The illustration/image is super cute! I think the only thing I would try to change is the amount of space you have in the second design for the mobile layout. I think you could use more of that negative space
Melissa Sanchez