Project 1 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Ashton_H

Project 1 Prelim

Post by Ashton_H »

Hello, My name is Ashton and here's my website. I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on it so I might add more to it later on. I went for a simple and easy to navigate layout. I really like the gradient and the photo I used is actually one of my guitars.

here are the two websites that inspired me:

https://www.denofwolves.com/en

https://storyofbrutalism.com/#brutalism

I found both of the websites on https://www.awwwards.com/ I thought they were really cool and creative and inspired me quite a bit.
Attachments
Website Mobile.jpg
Website PC.jpg

Laura

Re: Project 1 Prelim

Post by Laura »

Nice gradient, those are always good. All your type is great, I like the photo! awesome taste in bands :)
Ways to improve- maybe adding one other color to add to the color palate or something more with your photo like a boarder or fun angle/placement
Last edited by Laura on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Laura Nelson~

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Ashton,

I agree that your photo and gradient usage are really nice. The white ellipse in the middle might look great with a really light purple gradient in the opposite direction, to break the flow a bit. Don't forget to make this site about you. Your name should be loud and proud!

Nice work

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Ashton,

I like the colors you chose. Maybe use the hamburger menu on the mobile view instead of the desktop view? It will free up space for your bio, and is usually used specifically for the smaller screen size. I am a sucker for a gradient myself.
- sara matts

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hello Ashton,

I like how neat the layout is in both versions, it does make them easy to navigate. I would suggest taking the type out of the shape and making it white and then incorporating white shapes in a different way.
Sandra Torres

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Ashton,
I really like your design. The dark purple gradient is very nice. And the overall text is also pretty good. The only suggestion i have is trying to make the GRC 175 thats on the top of your design be slightly smaller, so you have more room to work with. And another design idea you could use is the music aspect that you said you like. try looking at different color schemes and add elements like the guitar on the photo you added. And again just an idea. But overall your composition is nice. And i can't wait to see the final design. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I only see one design here, Ashton. I would have liked to have seen two. That being said, it's not a bad design.

Your purple gradient is visually interesting and moves the eye through your layout. Your purple, white, and black color scheme works well. It has good contrast and looks clean. Makes for a good stage for your content. Said content is well organized and easy to peruse through. I like the dominance of the image and the navigation. You've made good hierarchy choices here. Good use of margin throughout the designs as well. Everything has room to breathe without fragmenting. Your navigation is easy to find and presumably easy to use.

If your going to stack your buttons on your mobile version, I'd recommend making them full width. Make 'em as big as possible so fat fingers can click on 'em. Though if you're using a hamburger menu on your computer version, you may as well use it on your mobile version too. I think your photo would look better with rounded edges, as well. Since everything else is a little rounded, why not that too. That being said, I'm not sure your bodycopy needs the white background behind it. I think if you make your bodycopy white, it should show just fine against your purple gradient.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello I like your start so far with the monochromatic buttons. Looks great, I suggest doing a little more to the background to make the purple stand out since its blending into each other
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Ashton,

Your design has great color to it. I think the only thing that need would need to change it to center your picture and your text more.

Benjamin Anderson

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Ashton,

I like the use of gradients in your work! I think the purples work really well together and I like the image you chose with your electric guitar. In your mobile design I would try making the image higher resolution since it looks a bit pixelated but besides that its looking good!
Melissa Sanchez