Project one premliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Aub

Project one premliminary

Post by Aub »

Hi I'm Aubrey Delos Reyes, here's my preliminary work and the 2 links that inspire me.

flyhyer.com
magazineheaven.co

I chose flyhyer.com and magazineheaven.com because I like the clean layout of Hyer and how one giant visual really gets the point across what the webpage is about. I was hesitant to put magazine heaven on this since it looks really messy to me because of all the “paint splatter” and “ripped page” type look doesn’t box everything, but it did give me ideas on what to avoid such as that long space that has nothing on it and in my opinion, the subtitles don’t really pop out that much.

One of my projects was just a simple blue and white with some blue shadows under the boxes. It fit more with your basic website design and I like the color blue so that just explains why blue was chosen. I wanted to go with a more softer color aswell so that helped my color choice. My second draft was more creative, I'm not too sure I like it that much right now, I liked it drawn but I wasnt able to mimic the drawing but the idea is somewhat there. It's a tree with wooden signs hanging off the branches on the computer version. The mobile version had no room for the tree so I just used only the hanging signs and it worked out okay.
Attachments
Mobile 2.jpg
Mobile 1.jpg
Computer 2.jpg
Computer 1.jpg
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Laura

Re: Project one premliminary

Post by Laura »

Those hanging chains are creative, very cool! Love the pictures on the blue ones. I would add the photo of the dog to the green layout.
Last edited by Laura on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Laura Nelson~

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Aubrey,

These look great. I like the hanging signs, they really give a garden shop theme. The blue design is my favorite. I think I remember your little pup from last semester. The light colors make it easy to see your message, and easy to find your links.

Both are visually fun to look at so I would have a hard time choosing which one to use moving forward.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Aub,

Your designs are so fun! The concept of the first one (green) is super creative. Maybe try a hamburger menu for the mobile design? And make your photo a little larger in the desktop view? So fun, great colors too!
- sara matts

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Color me sold on your skeuomorphic hanging sign one, Aub. What a creative idea. It has a kind of National Parks feel to it. Clearly a lot of fun was had here and it's a concept you absolutely should run with.

I especially like the way it leads you from one sign to the other. You can really use that to move the eye around. The chains make for great connective tissue between your content blocks. Literal links that the eye can follow from one topic to the next. I like the green and brown color scheme. It reinforces the wilderness feeling of the whole composition. And then having your text stand out in white from the wood makes the whole thing just feel like hiking trail signage. I'm looking for the bear warning somewhere. Great use of contrast.

Two big things stand out that this one needs though. One, you need to watch your margins. Some of your content is very close to the edges of your signs. I'd recommend allowing a little more distance between the edges of your signs and your content and making sure whatever distance you do choose, it's the same for all your signs. Two, I think this thing could really use a cool background image or texture. Maybe a wood texture or a forest image. Something to compliment and add to the hanging signs. I'd also recommend you round the edges of your photo the sharp corners are fighting with the round edges of your sign's container. I'm also curious to see where your project buttons will go. It would look a little more consistent if you use the same typeface for your subheads as you did for your name headline. Really tie everything together.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hello Aubrey,

I'm a sucker for pet photos, haha. But the green design is so clever that I do think that one works better. Try keeping the type of the headers and the body copy the same for more continuity and balance in your design.
Sandra Torres

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I loves these designs but my personal favorite is the light blue layout! I also love the simplicity of the fonts you chose for the body copy. It allows for your information to be easy to read.

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Aubrey,

Your designs are great. I really like your blue design. The picture of you dog really works with that design. On the your phone version of the design it is really hard to see the white text with the light blue color. If you change the color of the text it will be easier to see. Great job.

Benjamin Anderson

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Aubrey,
I really like your designs great job on them, I feel that the blue composition is really nice and everything is legible, my only suggestion would be to play around with the placement of your composition, and finding different fonts as well. Overall great job and can’t wait to see it.

:D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

lakelyn_dean

Post by lakelyn_dean »

Hi! I love your first design with the wood signs. I think it is unique and you made it in a way that is clean and still easy to navigate. The colors also contrast well while the gradient in the green keeps it from looking too flat.
Lakelyn Dean <3