Project 1 Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
SandraT

Project 1 Preliminary

Post by SandraT »

Hello everyone,

My name is Sandra Torres and this is the preliminary for Project 1. These designs are minimalistic but include the required components. I played around with two different color palettes and typefaces that reflect my usual design style. I also tried to use all the space I had while keeping in mind that more may be added later on.

Here are my two inspirational links:
https://yuta-abe.com
This site inspired me because of its animation; they are so cute and seem to reflect the designer's overall style. I also found it interesting to see emojis because it shows that the designer stays up-to-date on what's trending. I think that the site itself is pretty minimalistic but the animations make it stand out.

https://bruno-simon.com
I was blown away by the creativity of this site. It's been a while since I've seen such an interactive website. I think it makes browsing the site fun and the fact it even has sound is amazing to me. It's such a great portfolio because one can see what the designer is capable of.
Attachments
rough_01.png
mobile_rough_01.png
rough_02.png
mobile_rough_2.png
Sandra Torres

Melissa Sanchez

Re: Project 1 Preliminary

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Sandra,

I like both of your website designs but I think I prefer the Second one because of the color scheme! I think the purples and pinks go really well together. I like how you added that gradient, you have the white fading into purple. I think it would be a good idea to add that onto your mobile design as well that way the purple in project two doesn't really blend in with the purple background you have. Very pretty designs overall, I like the honeycomb look your first design has!
Melissa Sanchez

Laura

Post by Laura »

I LOVE your yellow and black design. It is more personal with your picture. I am a sucker for honeycomb patterns. I would say push in those designs into screen just a little bit more. Then on the web one instead of the wavy lines to add in half of a honeycomb. I really like the organization of the black and yellow as well. For the computer draft-I would possibly align your GRC 175 with the "hello welcome" and then the email either line up with the GRC, hello welcome, or center with project buttons. Does that make sense? Overall, looks awesome-Nice job!!
~Laura Nelson~

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Sandra,

Both of your designs are great. The second one draws you in. I also like the typeface you chose for the second design, and the photos more in the first layout. It is hard for me to say what to change because I think both are so different, but executed so well. Maybe soften the line where the white and purple meet on the gradient background? I have old lady eyes tho so what do I know? lol.
- sara matts

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

One thing you'll find out about me is that I'm a huge contrast dork, Sandra. I love me some contrast. So I'm all about your first beehive design there.

Your colors play off each other perfectly. The rich black and white work well together obviously, but the golden yellow makes for a perfect accent color. it does a good job of planting the bee theme. And then the honeycombs just complete it. They look those hexagon light grids all the car YouTubers are lighting their garages with now. A cool, high tech look. So maybe a cyberpunk bee theme? Lol! Also, look at that dog! He's just so relaxed and happy. Both of your picture choices are great and I like that the pic changes depending on what device is displaying your web page. Your navigation is easy to find and use and does a good job reinforcing the theme. Great use of margin throughout your layout as well. Everything has plenty of room to breathe. You also have a good sense of alignment. You've created some great invisible edges here.

I don't think you'll need a hamburger menu since your buttons are right there on both your computer and mobile layouts. Maybe swap in some more of the beehive texture there. Also, I'd recommend adding a little more space between your lines in your bodycopy and a bunch more space between your paragraphs so we can see where the old ones end and the new one's begin.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Sandra,
You have two very beautiful designs and I love how they each seem to capture you. But I really like your beehive design, it really captures the elegance that you present especially in the photo you added of yourself. And i like the color combinations. The only thing this design needs is for the type to be a bit more visible. I love the type of fonts you have going on, your can expand more on those. And try bolding that honeycomb patter, That makes the entire composition come together. Also on your mobile design I think adding that outline around your projects like you have on your computer design will work very well. Overall Love both of your designs, but black and yellow is the go to. Awesome work Sandra can't wait to see the final design. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Sandra,

I really like the black design best, although I love what you did with the gradients in the purple design. So, there's that. The contrast with your black and yellow are good. I almost feel like you're missing a little bumblebee with a dotted trail behind him. Just a thought. The hex around your image is good, I wonder is there a way to sharpen your image or soften the frame around the image? Another thought to ponder. The sharpness of the soft image against the sharp lines somehow seems conflicting.
Hope this helps,

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello your black and gold aesthetic is a great choice of color, it makes the website look super cool and fancy with all your geometric photos! I would just make the text bigger so it fills up more space and so we could read your about me section
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,

Both designs are great. I really like the second one. The colors are great. I suggest trying and taking the picture of the city and making it your background.

Benjamin Anderson

lakelyn_dean

Post by lakelyn_dean »

Hi! I also love the black design the most because of its layout and color choice. The yellow on black really pops, and I think the honeycomb pattern is a nice touch, but I think it could be enlarged just a bit. I also like the layout because it is super easy to read and navigate. I liked the purple design as well, but the contrast of the black & yellow is more visually pleasing. The font choice for your name is nice and the rest of the text is easy to read.
Lakelyn Dean <3