Intro

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
EleanorVanEve

Intro

Post by EleanorVanEve »

Hope I’m not too late to the party. My name is Eleanor (or El/Ellie). I’m not sure what to say about myself. I was raised in Northern Nevada. Originally from Fallon, NV. I’ve lived in Reno for several years now. I’ve found myself getting involved in local activism. If you don’t find me screaming about injustice, I’ll be playing video games to decompress. When the weather is nice, I’ll take advantage and hike when I can (nothing extreme). I discovered last year that I enjoy crocheting and it’s a creative outlet that I’m actually somewhat good at. I never saw myself as an artist or creative at all, but as I’m getting older I found that I do have more a creative bone than I thought. I’m really looking forward to this class. I’m familiar with basic HTML (thanks to myspace and tumblr!) and can’t wait to learn more!
Eleanor Van Evera

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Intro

Post by Instructor »

Awww yeah! You guys are discovering topic icons. You love to see it.

Hey there Eleanor. Welcome to GRC 175. I think your HTML background will serve you well as will, oddly enough, your crocheting. Web design has a lot of math and puzzle piece assembly just like crocheting so you're already in the headspace for it. I'm looking forward to seeing how you solve the Projects in this class. It should be fun.

If you have questions or need help, hit me up via Canvas or email and I'll make sure you get your questions answered or the resources you need to succeed.

I'll probably see you on the local news since 2024 looks to be an... interesting year for activism. Since you're a design student, I'll bee judging the quality of the layout and typography on your signs. ;)
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173