Project 4 Critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
LMisher

Project 4 Critique

Post by LMisher »

Hello All, LaTara here again!

So, we were challenged with sprucing up the school website. Many ideas ran through my mind and I came up with several concepts, but settled on these two versions: Charcoal Gray background and White Background. Personally, the charcoal black version (#1) is my favorite, so I cannot wait to see how the finished product will look!
Take a look and tell me which version you like best!
Attachments
Programs1-mobile.jpg
Program Overview2.jpg
Program Overview1.jpg
Instructors1-mobile.jpg
Instructors1.jpg
Instructors.png
Home2-mobile.jpg
Home2-mobile (3).jpg
Home2-mobile (2).jpg
Home1-mobile.jpg
Home 2.jpg
Home 1.jpg
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Giselle

Re: Project 4 Critique

Post by Giselle »

Hello LaTara!
I like both of the designs you posted for the GAMT website. My favorite layout is the charcoal background. I love how the pictures have curves and help lead the eye to other information on the page. My only suggestion is to go with a different dark color for the background. It feels out of place with the TMCC colors; maybe a black background instead. Besides that, I can't wait to see your website come to life! :D
Giselle Sanchez

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hi LaTara! I enjoy your layouts for their professionalism, and the images of the people make web pages inviting. My favorites would be the last two with the gray backgrounds and circle-shaped images!

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi LaTara!
I really like how professional your designs look! You do a great job at emphasizing the images in your layouts. The color scheme you chose is also very good! Great job!
-Natalie Meza

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi LaTara

really like your design with the half circle on it it looks really easy to navigate as well as it has a good theme that goes across all the pages. I also really like the font ease it's very blocky and easy to read one suggestion I do have for the sub head maybe make it a different line weight compared to the body copy so it shows a clear their hierarchy within the text.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi LaTara,

Both designs look very clean and professional for school websites. They are look really good. I like your color schemes. Round shape cut out looks cool. The one with green is pop more from the background though. I like it a lot.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh I'm all about the design with the circular image and green accent swoop/frame.

The design uses color and contrast so well. The dark blue works so nicely with TMCC's hideous green. I also appreciate your decision to downgrade TMCC's green into a secondary color. I works better there I think. The circular shape serves as a great way to break up the standard website block composition. And I appreciate that you carry it through to your inner pages as well. Consistency! Looks like both home and inner pages collapse nicely into mobile versions too. Good use of margin throughout. Everything has plenty of room to breathe. Your navigation is easy to see and presumably to use. I like the little glowing rollovers and also that the glow stays up to illustrate what page you are on.

I think I'd keep that green swoop/fame form the home page on the inner page. Makes for a great separator and a great use of TMCC's awful green as an accent color. I'd also recommend shrinking your bodycopy a bit. Make it aomething more like the size of the bodycopy on your home page. Add a little line height to the bodycopy too. Those lines are a little too close together.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey LaTara,
I really like your first websites design. I think using the darker color creates really good contrast with the rest of your design.
- Cedar Moosmuller

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi LaTara!

Both of these layouts look great! I am leaning towards the first one a bit more though because of the contrast between the colors. Amazing job :)
-Jillian Rodgers