Project 04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
CedarM

Project 04 Prelim

Post by CedarM »

Hey Everybody,

Here is my project 04 prelim. For this project I knew I wanted to show case the schools campus and the surrounding view, as I think this paints a very clear image of our school. I also think that being so visually appealing it made an excellent subject for this project both from a visual interest standpoint as well as a way to sell the school. My first version I wanted to play with negative space, I used the TMCC logo as a cut out and placed an image of the campus behind it so it shows through the logo. I thought this gave the page great depth as well as sets it slightly apart.
project04_prelim01-01.jpg
project04_prelim01-02.jpg
project04_prelim01-03.jpg
project04_prelim01-04.jpg
For my second version I decided to use the imagery of the campus as a background, and frame it with a dark header and footer. This framing created a little more depth to the page and helps push the background to the back, and the TMCC logo to the front. I was hoping that this would really push the school as the central interest of the page.
project04_prelim02-01.jpg
project04_prelim02-02.jpg
project04_prelim02-03.jpg
project04_prelim02-04.jpg
- Cedar Moosmuller

Giselle

Re: Project 04 Prelim

Post by Giselle »

Hi Cedar!
I LOVE both of these rough drafts for the GAMT website. I love how you took the logo and masked the view of the campus. One of my favorite things to do at the campus is look out at the view. I think that the first design is looking the best. My only suggestion is to change the background color on the first design, maybe a white or dark green background. Besides that, you have significantly strong designs, and I can't wait to see what direction you choose to go! :D
Giselle Sanchez

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Cedar!

Let me just say that you have several good drafts to choose from. I am really digging the photo incorporated through the Mountains. Very cool! I really like your use of colors and text fonts. I look forward to seeing the finished product. Great job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Cedar, what a great idea putting the campus into the shape of the TMCC logo! Your colors, hierarchies, and contrast are all looking great, I'm excited to see the finished website, I'd choose the first layout personally.

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Cedar!
I really like your layouts in both designs, they're both easy to navigate. I like the color scheme in your first design and that you played around with the logo. I like how the background made it look unique!
-Natalie Meza

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hello, Cedar

I really like both of your designs but I think I like the second one better just because the black and green goes really well together compared to the green on green. it is very well organized and I like how you use the picture of tmcc in the background for both your pages it creates a very good separation between background and the Texan information on the page. if you want to stick with the green on green theme one idea you could do is try and change the saturation of the colors I feel like that's really where it's clashing.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Cedar,

I really like both of your designs. They look really good. Neutral background makes texts and images stand out. The logo with image background cut out looks nice. The different color of header and footer of your second design also look clean and make the page easy to navigate.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Alright, time for me to play the idiot client, Cedar. I like your second design best because of it's contrast and large photos, but I am all about that TMCC mountain with a campus photo in it. See if there's some way you can mix it in with your second design.

I really do like that large photo on your homepage. It's a great "summary view" of bits of the Dandini Campus and shows off the magnificent views of the Vista building (I wonder how it got that name?). I really like your use of contrast. The black really makes TMCC's hideous green pop out. I like the use of the lizard as a little accent character. I also like the way your campus photos change from page to page to help people get a sense of where they are. Good choice on the inner photos as well. Your header and footer do a great job of framing your content, too. Both of your pages compress down to mobile size quite nicely too.

I'm not sure you need the little gray drop shadows on your navigation buttons. I'd make the background on your inner page just a touch more opaque. I'm loosing some of your bodycopy in the campus photo.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Cedar!

I am really enjoying your second design! That sunset TMCC image as the full background works so well. Amazing job!
-Jillian Rodgers