P04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: P04 Prelim

Post by Instructor »

Yikes! You've gone completely lime here, Chloe. I think I need sunglasses to look at these. I'm not sure if it's the way the forum rendered 'em or what, but that looks lime.

That being said, I do like your first design. The idea of your content and some navigation inside of a big green ribbon was a cool one. I like the shape of it. And you made it semi-transparent to show off your background images. Good choices on the background images, BTW. I like how they change from page to page as an easy reminder of where you are on the website. Your top bar makes for a great capstone on the top of your layout and "roller" that your ribbon could conceivably be rolling down from. The designs use pretty good contrast as well. The big green ribbons and black headers work.

I'd probably ditch the lime green for TMCC's hideous green instead. I think these are a little too bright. I also don't think you need the green block behind the main type on your home page. I think making the type white and putting a little drop shadow on it should pop it off your background image enough.

Not bad!
Attachments
lime-green
lime-green
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173