Project 04 Prelim!

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 04 Prelim!

Post by Instructor »

As much as I love your second one, and I do, I don't feel it advertises the department visually. I'd say go with your first one.

My favorite bit of your first design is actually really subtle. It's your title. I love how it's perched on top of your content strip like a bird. Simultaneously breaking in and breaking out of your content area. A great visual detail and adds a lovely but of visual texture to your layout. I like the sweeping campus background image. That's such a strong introductory image. Perfect for a home page. I'm also sould on the blobby GA&MT logo. It looks like it's been splattered on there. It feels very "artsy". I like how your black top bar makse for a great capstone on top of all this as well as a high-contrast area to stash the college logo and navigation. Your nav is easy to see and presumably use.

Make sure your padding is even all the way around your green content strip. Having the content block equidistant from every edge would look really nice. I'd also recommend keeping the content strip idea on your mobile layout. I think your content area would look better if it were a little more opaque with a lighter type. The current bodycopy type is very heavy. I'd be tempted to swap the background pic out for a different background pic on every page.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173