Project 04 Prelim!

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
jillian_rodgers

Project 04 Prelim!

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi everyone!

Here are my Project 4 roughs. I definitely am not totally content about some of the aspects, but I can change those in the final :) I tried to do a more "artsy" look on the first one, then did a clean and professional layout on the second one.
rough01_comp.png
rough01_comp.png (3.54 MiB) Viewed 54772 times
rough01_degrees.png
rough01_degrees.png (6.74 MiB) Viewed 54772 times
rough01_mob.png
rough01_mob_degrees.png
rough02_comp.png
rough02_comp.png (5.17 MiB) Viewed 54772 times
rough02_degrees.png
rough02_degrees.png (6.94 MiB) Viewed 54772 times
rough02_mob.png
rough_mob_degrees.png
-Jillian Rodgers

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project 04 Prelim!

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hi Jillian! I looooove your home page for your first version with the green blob! It immediately made me go "oooooooooooh", super fun! I like it a lot!
Brooke Brown

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hi Jillian, I love your first design solely because it represents the college more accurately, even though your images of the lake/mountains are beautiful! I also enjoy the logo you've made with the circles for the GAMT program!

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

The bubble effect is so cute. I agree though that the green design is more on brand here for the school website. I think the text might be too bold to comfortably read the paragraph type but great idea with this landing page. I'm definitely more inspired for my own
alexandra buyck :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Jillian!
I love both of your roughs for the GAMT website! My favorite layout is the first one. It has the same color scheme as the TMCC logo, and the navigation is easy to find. I love the typeface you chose; you displayed hierarchy well with the type styles. My only suggestion is to put the body copy in the bubble effect you created for the home page. I feel like that would pull your layout together. Besides that, I can't wait to see your website come to life! :D
Giselle Sanchez

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hi Jillian!

Wow! Both of your drafts were very good. The version with the mountains and river was simply breath-taking, and I enjoyed the colors and fonts of the version with the students (Degrees) as well. Overall, you did a very nice job. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Jillian!
I really like the homepage in your first design, the logo stands out really well and your navigation fits in perfectly. I also really like your inner page for your second design, the background image is beautiful.
-Natalie Meza

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Jillian

I how you laid out the first page with the green bubbles and the acronym it is very well put together and I it looks really easy to navigate one suggestion I do have is on your second page the word degree feels like it's kind of just hanging out there something you might do to add a drop shadow to separate it form the background.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Jillian,

I like your GAMT logo. I also like that you create a background for your body text and make it easier to read. Your nav bar is looking good for both design.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey Jillian,
Great job on your designs! I think I like the way the second version looks much better however the first version says tmcc to me more. I think if you could create a similar site to the second one but using maybe snowy imagery of the campus could be really cool
- Cedar Moosmuller