Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
LMisher

Project 3 Final

Post by LMisher »

Hello everyone, LaTara here with another project to share with you all!

Let me just say that this was little bit of a challenge and I was almost ready to wave the white flag when things finally fell into place! I chose to redesign Craig's List because I thought that it was one of the worst and most basic websites that I had ever seen in my life. It has no graphics, colors or anything appealing to its visitors, so I was more than happy to give this website the much needed facelift that it deserved. I chose to use a clean and user friendly version with appealing photos/graphics and colors to peg the interest of visitors by its looks alone. Once the visitors were attracted to what became their first impression, it allowed their curiosity of what other features the website offered and they stayed online longer and visited the other links.

I tried my best with this project, so I hope that my vision lived up to the potential that this website redesign had in the minds of others. Saying this, here's my interpretation and renovation of cragistslist.com.

P.S., depending on your monitor size, you may need to adjust your screen Zoom from 100% to 70% or something else smaller until the whole website fits into the screen. Enjoy!

https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by chloecutter »

Hi LaTara! Your version of Craigs List is so much better, the pictures, search bars, and navigation bar up top all create a super clean layout! Each page is laid out slightly differently too and I'm sure you put a lot of time into this, great job!

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

Super impressed that you got this looking like your original design!
I think you improved an infamously poorly design site by a mile. I did have to adjust my screen, but still!
alexandra buyck :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi LaTara!
I love the color scheme of your website, and the pictures you used are great quality. The navigation is easy to use, and the typefaces are legible. My only suggestion is to include a scrollable page; it will give the viewer more control over the website and see more of the picture shown. Besides that, the website came along beautifully! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Look at Craig standing there! He's so satisfied with what he's built.

This is a really strong layout, LaTara. I like your chosen background images. They're all sunny, bright, and upbeat. Something we all need as winter closes in on us. Each of the inner pages has like an illustrative mascot person to represent what that page is about. That's a strong bit of branding. Making each page about it's target audience. Your navigation is easy to see and use and the purple nav bar works well with all of your images. It almost looks like a headband. The type is all clean and easily read, which is important for a marketplace website. Your layout is easy to navigate through and has good margin and padding.

Don't think I didn't notice that most of your inner page layouts were just background images. ;) I would have liked to have seen a bit more layout on those.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Sierra_Ross

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hello!

I totally agree that Craigslist needs a redesign and yours is a huge improvement. I love the navigation and the background images, it looks so much nicer than the original!

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi LaTara!

I love your use of the background images, it really ties everything together. The navigation is super clean and the little glow around each word when you hover over it is so neat! Amazing job :)
-Jillian Rodgers

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi LaTara,

your website turns out pretty nice. This is look very clean and simple to navigate. Your navigation buttons work well too with glowing after hovering over it.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi LaTara! Your website looks so organized! I like the fonts you chose, they make everything easy to read and understand. Great job!
-Natalie Meza

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hello, LaTara

I love all the consistently through all the pages. The back light that you added to the hover over the menu is also good. And as someone who has used cregslist it is much better than the actual website.