Project 3, Final Critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Giselle

Project 3, Final Critique

Post by Giselle »

Hi everybody!
My name is Giselle, and this is my rebuilt website. I honestly had a hard time including the logo I made. Hopefully, I can add it later this week! I also want to add a place where people can put their emails in for weekly facts on orchids. Almost all of the pictures are links to more informational pages. It is still a work in progress; I have so much more information I want to include about orchids, especially the pictograph, which shows you how to stake an orchid. I am very happy that it looks similar to my original design. I DEFINITELY need to fix some of the pictures I used. I'm still very pleased with what I made, and I know it is more appealing than the original website. I need some fixer-uppers, but overall, my redesign answers the call to action! :D
My website:
https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html
Original website:
https://myorchidcare.com/
Giselle Sanchez

chloecutter

Re: Project 3, Final Critique

Post by chloecutter »

Hi Giselle, good use of color combos, easy navigational buttons and links, and not to mention it's looking much better than the original website! Adding paragraphs is a struggle for me so I'm glad to see you got the hang of it! Great job

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

Still really enjoy the cool colors for your pallette. Really high quality images too! Unfortunately they take a long time to load. My images also were too big I guess because mine do the same exact thing. I don't even know how you fix that really
Anyways, I hope you get the site to where you want it very shortly. I agree that it was a great job :)
alexandra buyck :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh pretty!

I like the fact that you have populated the website with photographs. Your photos serve well both to show off how beautiful orchids are and to illustrate the sections on your homepage. The sans-serif type is a little basic here, but it works. I can certainly read it easily enough. I also like the nesting of the bodycopy against the headline on your inner pages. That certainly came out nicely. You also have a strong sense of margin. Everything is pretty far apart, but it doesn't quite fragment. It all hangs together decently. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

I'm not sold on the green type on the huckleberry background. I think they clash a bit. I also thing your background needs something to give the site a little more visual interest. Your inner page pics get a little distorted at higher resolutions. I think they need a "height: auto;" to go with their "width: 100%;".

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Sierra_Ross

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hi, Giselle!

As a plant lover myself, I really like the website you chose. I like the overall flow of the layout and the pictures you chose. I love the background color, but I might choose a darker green for the text because it clashes a bit with the color of the background. Overall, good work!

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Giselle!

I am going to go ahead and assume that your favorite color is lavender/huckleberry because you have used it before as a background color. Am I correct? I'm not mad atcha. I have my favorite colors incorporated in each project as well. :)

I think that overall, you did a pretty good job with this assignment. My only suggestions probably would be to change the text from lime green to black or another color to make it more legible and easy on the eyes...There was a little bit of a clash of colors when mixed with the lavender/huckleberry background. Other that, well done on Project 3.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Giselle!

I love the colors you used in your website, as well as the flower imagery! Definitely an upgrade from the original website. I would scale back the two images on the other pages though since they stretched too far and took a while to load. Amazing job though :)
-Jillian Rodgers

sophy_gg

Post by sophy_gg »

Hi Giselle! I really like your website about flowers, your color palette is very pretty for the topic of flowers. It is very interesting reading all about the flower information showing cute images. Nice job!
✦SØphia~GØmeƵ✦

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Giselle! I really like how your website turned out! The green text is very bright, but it looks really pretty against the purple. Great job!
-Natalie Meza

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey Giselle,
Great job on your project, I really like the colors you chose. I think having the green on top of the purple creates great contrast, while also reminding me of an orchid, great job!
- Cedar Moosmuller