Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Austin_Niedfeldt

Project 3 Final

Post by Austin_Niedfeldt »

Hey all!
Here is my Project 3 final. It was definitely more work that I first thought it would be because wow it was tough :lol: . I do believe it is coming along, however. I wanted to make it an actual working merch site with a function to move things to your cart and everything but turns out that is very complicated that I have no idea how to do yet. I did want to make sure I had all of the pages as well as all of the items needed so that i at least have that part of the site in place. I do think I need to line stuff up a bit more accurately so its spaced correctly and not weirdly offset at certain sizes. I do think if I put in a lot more time and effort into this, I could make it exactly how I want it. I am honestly proud of what I was able to make though! :D

Here's the link: https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html
~ Austin Niedfeldt :lol:

chloecutter

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Austin, this website is looking really good, I'm so impressed with your transparent images, I couldn't figure that out for my project01! The simple layout, high res pictures, and flex boxes work very well together!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hold that thought, Austin. Building a functional e-commerce site is a GRC 275 project. Hang on to this one and use it for that.

This site came out quite nicely. It's strongest design element is the full page background pics. You've realized one of the great design tricks in web design: simple layout with kickass imagery. You made a really strong choice in changing out the background pics for each page. It gives each page it's own vibe and allows for easy navigation since you know where you are right away. Speaking of navigation, yours is easy to find and use. I'm surprised how well your simple serif typography is working as well. Good margins, too. Everything seems to have room to breathe on this layout. It's even a little responsive.

I think you could have enlarged the product images on your inner pages. They're small and run together. I also think your inner page could have used a content area. Text might be hard to read against your images.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

Cart functionality can't be easy but having lofty goals shows a lot of effort and thought. I like the concept of having "floating" images of merch! I agree though that it could've been bigger. I think the vintage page is my favorite, Mr. Hunt is just staring at me over some hats.
alexandra buyck :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Austin!
Your website looks similar to your original design. I love how you used different pictures for each page; it adds a lot of contrast and visual guidance. I love how the items on each page are transparent; it gives a significant contrast to the background. My only suggestion is to make the merch a little bigger; they are a little hard to see. Besides that, the website looks great and more appealing than the original website! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Sierra_Ross

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hi, Austin!

I like your website a lot. I like how you showed each piece of merch on each page and the layout as well. I also like your use of background images.

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Austin!

First, let me say that I think that you did a good job in recreating your sketch and making it your project 3 website. The navigation is clean and user-friendly. I like your colors and text fonts on this one. Overall, this website was pretty good!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Austin!

I can tell you put a ton of effort into this! It must have taken forever to get all those apparel images on the website haha :lol: I love the easy navigation. I would suggest a different font though, maybe something rounded and bold! Amazing job though :)
-Jillian Rodgers

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Austin! I really like the layout of your website! It is really easy to navigate. I also like that you were able to incorporate the icons for his merch. great job!
-Natalie Meza

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Austin

I really like your website. The way that you used the different picture for the background give it an incredibly good foundation. It is also really easy to navigate and understand.