Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Brooke_Brown

Project 3 Final

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Here is my website! I hope you like it, it is a simple redesign for the Yale School of Art webpage. I made it as responsive as I could while simultaneously being lazy with it. I like the website and i think it looks a lot like my rough, but i wish i made it more interesting and less easy and boring.

here is the link! -->https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html
Brooke Brown

chloecutter

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by chloecutter »

Brooke, this looks like a professional website made for a college, what an amazing result! Your organization, use of colors, and navigation work so well together, great job!

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

I like the on hover effects for every single button and link! This looks almost exactly identical to your design software look. Super difficult to accomplish. The page is super long on the home page, I wonder what that is. The site breaks a tiny bit when you click around but seeing as how this is literally our third site it's really well done!
alexandra buyck :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hello Brooke!
Your website is AMAZING! I don't know how you did it; it looks good, and everything runs smoothly. It is very organized, and the colors contrast great. My only suggestion is to add art to the blue around the website. I feel like that would make this website feel more artsy. Other than that, your website came together wonderfully! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ah, yes. The Yale Art website. So deliberately bad and so funny.

You've done a good job realizing your vision here. It looks decently close to your preliminary design. I like the column of illustrational photographs. They go well with and enhance the content in each of your pages. Good work sampling colors out of the Yale shield for this one. It really ties your composition together with the shield. Good margin and padding throughout. Your navigation is easy to see and use. I like the split navigation with the general nav up top and then a specific topic nav on the left side. The whole thing is easy to see and use actually. The layout's clean and my eye feels comfortable moving through it. The whole thing's even moderately responsive.

I'm not sure serif type was the best idea for your bodycopy. There seems to be a lot of open space at the bottom for some reason.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Sierra_Ross

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hi, Brooke!

Good job on this website, it looks really nice. I like how the layout stays consistent with each page and the color scheme is also very nice.

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Brooke!

Let me just say that I really enjoyed your website! It's clean, has cool colors and it's easy to navigate. There's nothing more to say except well done!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Austin_Niedfeldt

Post by Austin_Niedfeldt »

Hey Brooke! Yours turned out pretty good! I really like the layout you made for your site. I do like that you have the emblem in the top left. It really helps define what the website is about and what it represents. Great job and I'd be interested in seeing it further developed if you wanted to.
~ Austin Niedfeldt :lol:

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Brooke!

Amazing job on the website, you definitely executed exactly what you had on your roughs! I love all the primary colors and layout :)
-Jillian Rodgers

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Brooke,
Your website looks really good. I like your color choices. Navigations work well. Your consistency of each page made it easy to roam around.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul