Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
onnimelon

Project 3 Final

Post by onnimelon »

Good evening class,

As it stands the only thing I didn't get down on project 3 was my neat box idea. Flexbox and column rows with images was a little too out of my wheelhouse. I have one on their to sort of simulate what I wanted. Other than that I changed a few things. Originally I had a hamburger menu but while coding I realized I literally had all the icons that would be in the hamburger menu in the nav bar already (as icons next to it). So I got rid of the hamburger menu entirely and just have icons for links instead. Media queries are still pretty tough to me but I tried a lot more to get that better than the first project. I think I made the site a lot more modern looking and easier to use. I just wish I would've gotten that image box idea down.

Thank you!

https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... dra-buyck/

Link to original site: https://capngames.com/

Link to designs on Figma: https://www.figma.com/file/BYSfINL026qs ... 6pL9EdpC-1
alexandra buyck :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by Instructor »

Cap'n Games! Now this brings back memories.

I like where you were going with this one. Somehow, your colorscheme, which should clash, works well together. I guess they are all kind of CRT glow colors, so it works. I especially like how you reversed the home and inner page titles. Nice use of contrast too. It really fits the subject matter. I feel like I'm in a dark store lit by screens and lighting effects. Very on brand. The photo you have is topical and feels right for the site. I also like your typography. It's a non-standard font that feels very techy, but it's also very legible. Your navigation is very easy to see and use. Great margins too; nothing feels crowded.

It's a pity there's only two pages on the site. The assignment called for three more inner pages. I would have liked to have seen what you were planning to to do with the "1 2 3 4" section. I would like to have seen more photos.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Sierra_Ross

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hello!

I really like your design for this website, especially the font and the color scheme. The font itself definitely gives me video game vibes. I also like the layout and how the whole website flows nicely downwards and the darker color scheme for the contact page is a nice contrast from the home page.

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Alex!
I love the layout of your website! It feels like a videogame menu, and the color scheme works well. I also love how you can type your email address! It is so cool, and that's something I wanted to add to my website. Your website is coming along nicely :D
Giselle Sanchez

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Alex!

Let me just start off by saying Wow! Your version of this website was sooo good. It made me feel like a kid in a candy store when I say the original Nintendo Console! I am kind of bummed because I wanted to see what other pages you had created (there were only two). Over all, I loved the fonts, colors and graphics. Aside from the missing pages, this was a job well done!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Austin_Niedfeldt

Post by Austin_Niedfeldt »

Hey Alex! I think your layout for Project 3 works out pretty well at all sizes. I do like your take on the website as well and what you were able to do with it. I also like your little icons you have for the shop feature eventually. Great job!
~ Austin Niedfeldt :lol:

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Alex!

Wow, I love the retro fonts and colors in your website. The icons in the right hand corner are super convenient to use as well! Great job :)
-Jillian Rodgers

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Alex,

Your version looks much better than the original website. I like your color choices. Green and white stand out from the dark background. Your layout is looking good too. Link to other page is working well, also home button. Nice!
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Alexandra! Your redesign turned out so nice! I like that its divided into different sections, great job!
-Natalie Meza

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey Alex,
Great job on this site! I really like the colors you chose, the green you used really reminds me of video games, and especially retro ones. Great job!
- Cedar Moosmuller