Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Sierra_Ross

Project 3 Final

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hello! Here is my project 3. I must warn, it's unfinished, but this is what I have. This project was quite the challenge compared to project 2 in my opinion, but designing a preexisting website was a lot of fun overall! My website was Cool Math Games and I went for a space theme. The preexisting colors on the original website reminded me of a galaxy and the logo kind of already resembles a planet to me so I ran with that.

https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html

onnimelon

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by onnimelon »

Hi Sierra! I definitely see the idea taking shape really well!
I'm glad you got a good start and had fun
alexandra buyck :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Very definitely unfinished, Sierra. But I like what I do see.

That textured background photo is really quite neat. It drives such visual interest and has such depth. It feels like an arts and crafts project, I must say. The colors work well together too. They echo the colorscheme in the logo and do a nice job tying the layout to the branding. The texture behind the left nav bar looks like a Martian landscape. I also like the swoosh in the sky. It does a good job moving the eye from planet to planet. The headline type is fun. It pops out at me and makes me want to click on each of the little planets.

Pity there is no inner pages. I would have liked to have seen more of this website. There's no real content beyond the background image and a basic layout unfortunately.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Sierra!
I love the color scheme you are going for; it stays true to the colors of the original logo. This project was challenging; I had trouble with my pictures and type. I love the direction you are going for; :D my only suggestion would be to choose more styling fonts for the bold words on the home page. Besides that, this website is heading in a good direction!
Giselle Sanchez

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Sierra!

Although your website is not complete (thank you for your honesty), I think that you were off to a good start. I love the colors chosen for this assignment and I can see the potential that this project had. Based on what you've shared with us, I think that you did a good job. It looks pretty close to your original sketch.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Austin_Niedfeldt

Post by Austin_Niedfeldt »

Hey Sierra! I like the direction you took to create your website. I see what you were trying to do in regard to the navigation of the site. I think it has great potential if you do continue to make it!
~ Austin Niedfeldt :lol:

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Sierra!

I really like what you have going on with your website. I also have an unfinished website, so I understand your pain. It's difficult getting all the information in. Great start though! The background image is so fun :)
-Jillian Rodgers

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Sierra! As most classmates have commented, I also enjoy where this is going, as well as your imagery! The background image reminds me of the alien claw machine from Toy Story, great start!

sophy_gg

Post by sophy_gg »

Hi, sierra! I like your website similar to your rough design trying your best. Well one thing that is needed is to remove the style list in the browsers, decorate a font then add color to the fonts. That's ok! You have a nice job :D
✦SØphia~GØmeƵ✦

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Sierra! Your layout is coming along just fine! I think the next step is to focus on positioning your navigations, but I'm sure it'll turn out great! Great job!
-Natalie Meza