Project03 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
chloecutter

Project03 Final

Post by chloecutter »

Hello everyone! This version versus my original layout isn’t quite the same, but I did my best to replicate it. I feel happy with my overall project, I learned a lot of new things by accident and it turned out pretty successful! My css files are a bit jumbled, so I couldn’t quite figure out how to get rid of the bullets and underlines in some places. I also had some issues changing the colors of the text near the top, but I’m proud of myself for making a multi-page website nonetheless! You can click on the bounce house, slide, slip n’ slide, and contact buttons to take you to the other pages, and Bounce House Guy is the home button up top.

https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project03 Final

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hey Chloe i think your project is really good! I like that you made some of it responsive and the design and type are super fun!
Brooke Brown

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

Hi Chloe! The background changes are super nice looking. Gradients are weird in CSS but I think you nailed the overall look really well since your design before! The icons look great, I also wish they were clickable but still fun concept. I'm not even sure how you did the squiggle look in the background. Maybe just a giant image?
alexandra buyck :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Heee! This one's still too much fun. Makes me want to throw a bounce house party!

Love that blobby chaotic background. It almost feels like it's from the blurry viewpoint of a kid bouncing around in one of this website's inflatables. The colors and shifting gradients work extremely well together. Also that blobby type is a real highlight. It works sooooo well with the subject matter. I just want to bounce around on your headline. Nice use of colored drop shadows on your heading and subhead. They add to the fun and pop out your headlines. Your icon graphics are pretty strong too.

The whole thing feels a little unfinished. Pity the icons are not also clickable and that the images in the galleries of bouncy things you can buy/rent from the store don't pop up or appear in a lightbox or something. Also, the top navigation didn't need to be default underline blue. The layout feels a little spread out. I think it could have stood to be tightened up.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Chloe!
I love your website! It looks similar to your original design and more appealing than the original website! It is cool that you have different sections of bounce houses for each occasion. It feels organized, and the colors have good contrast. My only suggestion is to add a picture of kids playing on the home page next to the links to different bounce houses. Other than that, your website came together nicely! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Sierra_Ross

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hi, Chloe!

I love the look of this website. The pastel colors are very fun which is fitting for a bounce house rental website. I also like the right justified text on the home page, I feel like I rarely see text justified to the right. Overall, the website looks great!

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Chloe!

I think that you did a really good job of capturing the main idea from your sketch and bringing it to life. Pretty close! I love your color choices (it reminds me of cotton candy = a fun time) and most of all, I really like how you placed the bounce house options in their own little circles. Well done.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Chloe!

This entire design is so fun, from the colors to the type! I would of liked to see a bit more imagery on the home page, but other than that, it looks great :) amazing job!
-Jillian Rodgers

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Chloe,

This is looking great. Colors and fonts choices make it feel fun. The button response very well. Nice!
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Chloe! I like that your site is simple, but it has all the right information! Everything is well placed, great job!
-Natalie Meza