Project 02 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
taylorichord

Project 02 Final

Post by taylorichord »

https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-2023/taylor-ichord/

Here is my second project link! This was incredibly challenging as I have had zero experience in any coding prior to this. It did start to get easier as I kept watching videos and experimenting with different things. Right now I am still a little confused when it comes to layout and optimizing the site for different resolutions. Very fun project though!
Taylor Ichord

LMisher

Re: Project 02 Final

Post by LMisher »

Hello Taylor!

Yes I agree with you. This project was a little challenging; however, you did a great job putting it all together and making it happen. Your website is clean, I love the colors and the picture choice goes well with your background scheme. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps making the header side a little smaller so that it's not too big to the point of covering your navigation links (at least this is how it appears on my pc). Overall and experience or not, you did a really good job with this project. Well done!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Taylor!
OMG, your website looks exactly how you designed it in the preliminary critique! You did a great job, and I love how your name plays with the navigation/header on the top. Your contrast with black and white is strong and elegant! My only suggestion is to make the body type thinner so that the body copy is more legible; but aside from that, everything looks great! I can't wait to see the development of your website throughout the semester! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

HI, Taylor

I love that you stuck with the black and white theme. It turned out really well. one suggestion that I do have just because I find it hard to read is your body copy is left aligned it might be a better idea to make it right aligned. you did great

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Taylor,

I hear you. This is a fun project but also challenging at the same time. Your website turn out really great. When I squeeze my browser screen down. Your first and last name almost align which is cool. Not sure how it look if they are align though. Your font choice is really good. Your name, navigate buttons, and body paragraph are easy to ready. Nice proportion on the page layout too. Nice job!
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Taylor!

I totally agree with you, this project was extremely challenging. I think you did a great job putting elements from your rough draft into your final website! The black and white theme looks great :) amazing job!
-Jillian Rodgers

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well, I think you got pretty close to your Project One here, Taylor.

This is one bold website. It grabs the eye and doesn't let go. A masterpiece of contrast. The header and footer frame your content well. The bodycopy is a little shouty, but undeniably holds your eye. The whole thing has kind of an Old Hollywood feel to it actually. It all does a great job moving the eye to your headshot. In fact, I think the only color you have on here is the little splash of peach in your navigation. Interesting.

Your TMCC logo image link is broken. I think it's pointing at your "working-graphics" folder. I would like to have seen a little distance between your contact info and the right edge of the browser window in your footer.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Taylor! I like the simplicity of your website! It's simple, but it gets the right information across! Great job!
-Natalie Meza

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hey Taylor,
Great job on this site, I love the black and white as well as the use of negative space! I think one thing you could do that would improve the site would be to move the info in the footer to the left so that it lines up with the buttons in your header and your main body copy.
- Cedar Moosmuller