Project 2, Final Critique

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
Giselle

Project 2, Final Critique

Post by Giselle »

Hi everybody!
My name is Giselle, and this is my website. It is still a work in progress; I want to fix the alignment between the header and the main. The paragraph and email aren't in the position that I want them to be. I added a width to my body copy, but it didn't show on my "final" website. I'm not certain what is wrong, but I am happy with what I have so far. It looks very similar to my original design; all I need is a few fixer-uppers! :D
My website:
https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-202 ... e-sanchez/
Giselle Sanchez

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project 2, Final Critique

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hey Giselle, i like your website! Its coming along very nicely and i really like your background color!
Brooke Brown

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Giselle!

Let me just say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your color choice! Your final draft looks just like the rough draft. You did a really good job. The only suggestion I would make is to downsize the header to a smaller font so that it's not so big. Other than that, it looks good!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

Strong start. Looks super similar to your original design. I think you did the best you could as a first-timer
I wonder what graphic star in the left hand corner means. Is that like a moniker for yourself?
alexandra buyck :D

sophy_gg

Post by sophy_gg »

Hola Giselle! your background and font colors are very cute, I love it. That looks like the preliminary critique, I'm so proud of you :3
You did an excellent job :D
✦SØphia~GØmeƵ✦

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Giselle

I love how your website turned out, sticking with one color and using different values of it was a really good idea and it creates great unification throughout the whole piece. I also really like how you put in the color changing when you hover over your links.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hello Giselle!

First of all, thank you so much for your comments on mine. They are really helpful. I really like your design. I like how you made your navigations change color when hop on it and also hi-light with the underline made it very easy to navigate. I am not sure if it's your intention or you might still working on it, but your "graphic star" could be bigger. I know you address that this's probably not you final. You're getting there. Your body copy is easy to read. And I love your image!
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Keep tinkering on it, Giselle. The idea of this project is that it's kind of a sandbox for you to play in as your skills increase.

It actually didn't come out all that far from your Project One vision though. It seems like a hybrid of your proposed computer and mobile designs, which is not a bad midpoint to achieve. Color-wise and typographically it looks pretty darn similar. It has enough contrast that I can see everything and your footer pic seems to be where you want it from ewhat I remeber of your Project One. I also have little trouble using your navigation which has a nice rollover to tell me that it is, in fact, clickable.

You are correct, the whole thing needs a going through to fix the alignments. You've got a good start with your bodycopy and little subheads, but I think everything needs to be moved toward the center. Basically make a wider version of your Project One mobile design.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

taylorichord

Post by taylorichord »

Hey Giselle! I love your color choice, it's very easy on the eyes and allows the font to be seen clearly.
Great job!
Taylor Ichord

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Giselle!
I love the colors you chose for your website! They stand out to me so much. I also like that your layout is spacious. Great job!
-Natalie Meza