Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
Sierra_Ross

Project 2 Final

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Here is my website for project two. I actually had a lot of fun working on this. I have never coded a website before and it was really enjoyable learning this new skill. My website doesn't look quite like my rough design because there were certain things I couldn't figure out how to do and the design had to change a bit because of that, but I'm still happy with the end result.

https://www.grc175.com/student/fall-2023/sierra-ross/

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hey Sierra i like your website! The colors and type styles are super nice!
Brooke Brown

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Sierra!

I love your background and your final draft is pretty close to the rough draft. You did a good job putting it all together. Well done.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

Super cool for first time coding. Looks good. I like the font
alexandra buyck :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hello Sierra!
Your website design looks very similar to your rough draft. It looks great, and I love the picture you used! My only suggestion is to make your name a little bigger because the TMCC logo seems bigger, and that is the first thing my eye goes to besides the beautiful picture. Aside from that, it looks great, and I can't wait to see your website develop over the semester! :D
Giselle Sanchez

sophy_gg

Post by sophy_gg »

Hey Sierra! I like your personal website, especially the color scheme. It's okay that it doesn't look like what you designed like Project 1, but you tried very well. So beautiful :3
✦SØphia~GØmeƵ✦

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Sierra

I love the picture you used for your website it looks awesome. it's a very simple design I feel like it works really well. I also like how you used the same font throughout your whole website.

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Sierra,

Your website turns out really good. Your navigations change color made it easy to use. Your page moves with screen size changes and look great. Maybe you can try making your name bigger. so it can stand out even more. Your image is beautiful!
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi Sierra!

I love the imagery you used in your website, so colorful and eye catching! I would just make your name slightly bigger, but other than that great job! :)
-Jillian Rodgers

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looking pretty good there, Sierra. What a visually striking background image. So many colors. And you wisely kept out of it's way and did a clean layout to let it dominate. What colors you sis use are drawn from the image itself. Your computer type actually works here (I'm not sure how). I credit the white for making it work. I like your use of contrast in your header and your navigation. Said navigation is easy to see and use. Fun rollovers! The whole layout is even a little bit responsive. Witness the power of percentages!

I think your bodycopy would have been a touch more legible with a semi-transparent background behind it. I also think your background image would have worked a little better with a "background-size: cover;" on it to fill the whole space or matching your background color to the bottom edge of your image. Your navigation bar and header could use just a bit more top and bottom padding as well.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173