Project03_Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
sophy_gg

Project03_Preliminary

Post by sophy_gg »

Hello! My name is Sophia Gomez, these are the rough designs for project three. I chose the Art, Culture, and Technology MIT Program, the bad and weird website about visual arts at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
At the beginning of this, I researched bad websites to choose any website to redesign for this project, so I saw this website had nothing it feels poorly such as no information, images, and nothing, which is confusing for new students. I decided to help them improve the website much better adding images and information.

For both designs, I just added the Massachusetts Institute Technology Visual Arts Museum to show how the program is for students' interests about arts. I also added the menu in mobile and the second design.
FIRST DESIGN:
project3_design1.png
project3_mobiledesign1.png
project3_mobiledesign1MENU.png
For the search bar, I don't know where can I put for CAVS website :c

SECOND DESIGN:
project03_design2.png
project03_design2MENU.png
project03_mobiledesign2.png
project03_mobiledesign2MENU.png
Something I have inspired to create the website:
https://www.tmcc.edu/
https://www.metmuseum.org/
https://www.tate.org.uk/
✦SØphia~GØmeƵ✦

taylorichord

Re: Project03_Preliminary

Post by taylorichord »

These all look great! I think the color scheme you went with is perfect for an art university. Looks very clean and sophisticated.
Great job!
Taylor Ichord

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

I really like the color scheme here. Personally I prefer the second desktop design. The rounded menu is also fun and unique. I would bring out that rounded menu even more in the mobile version, but I see what you're going for. Nice!
alexandra buyck :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Sophy, these are great, especially the first version with the blurred background, it has a wonderful feeling overall and it's modest while still having pops of red to give it an exciting feeling. The blurred background makes it feel professional, as well as your choice of fonts! Great job!

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Sophia!

First, let me just say that these are very nice designs. The first one is my favorite. It is clean, the colors pop and has a user-friendly navigation. I can't wait to see the finished product! Well done.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Sophia, both are looking great! I like your color choices. Your both design layouts are easy to navigate. Images are good with the site too. I also like how you bring shapes in and apply to your design making your pages more interesting.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Sophia!
I really like your second design! The background image and the graphic holding the type are so dynamic and it's almost like you could walk past the graphic and look at the art yourself. Great work!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hi Sophia,
Great job on your designs, I really like how visually interesting you backgrounds are while still retaining good contrast for your text. I particularly like the second version, I think it has great depth a visual interest. I also really think the simple gray white and red color pattern makes things pop really well.
-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! What a cool logo you've designed there, Sophie. I love the interlocking rows and columns. Your layouts are pretty darn good too.

Pencil me in for your first design. I like the hard geometry of it. I also think it works better with your rows and columns logo as well. Your header and footer make for a great frame, almost like the website is another one of the works on display in your gallery. The black, white, and red colorscheme is striking and high contrast. A little in your face even. I like your choice of image too. Good visualo texture and a little contemplative to boot. Your layout is very clean and easy to navigate through. I can find what I'm looking for in a snap. And I really like the full screen slide out navigation. Very usable and a nice use of yourt red to snag they eye and the users's attention. Don't worry about the search bar being functional. We won't be that far into forms by the time this project is due.

I don't think your footer text needs to be in shouty all caps, or as large as it is, or on as many lines. I think it would be helped by "calming down" a little.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Sophie!
You did a great job at redesigning the original website! It's a lot more organized and i think its a better fit for the program. I personally like the first design more, the navigations seem a bit easier to find in that one, but overall your designs look great!
-Natalie Meza