Project 03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
CedarM

Project 03 Prelim

Post by CedarM »

For my Project 3 I am doing the James Bond Museum's website. You can see the original website here. http://www.007museum.com/

For this redesign I really wanted to focus on giving them a cleaner and more organized layout. In the original website they have a single page that scrolls endlessly and is littered with various images and text of the things that are on display at the museum. I decided to scrap the long scroll and am going to create pages for the various eras of bonds, and then placing the displays and corresponding text from the original website on those newly organized pages. In addition I will be creating a hamburger menu overlay to navigate, as well as putting the contact and location info they have up front on it's own page.
project03_prelim_01-01.jpg
project03_prelim_01-02.jpg
project03_prelim_01-03.jpg
project03_prelim_01-04.jpg
For my first version I decide to go simple and use imagery I found on a lot of James Bond posters. This is of the opening credits scene where you are looking down the barrel of a gun and a silhouette of bond. I felt this created a visually interesting background that made the subject of the website extremely apparent. I also went and found some font styles, and colors that mimics the font style and colors used in the marketing of the most recent bond films. The color scheme I ended up choosing was gold and black, I felt that this represented the material as well as give my website great contrast.
project03_prelim_02-01.jpg
project03_prelim_02-02.jpg
project03_prelim_02-03.jpg
project03_prelim_02-04.jpg
For my second version I wanted to use live action imagery from the movies, and marketing itself. For the home page I decided to use the image of Daniel Craig's Bond looking out over the highlands of Scotland. I felt this image created great depth as well as is an iconic still from the movies. To further the depth of the piece I created a frame of two diagonal black bars, this was also a reference to the marketing of the most recent bond films. This diagonal framing was something that came up often within James Bond posters and add.

Finally here are the two websites that I found inspiring for this project.
https://www.metmuseum.org/
https://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en

- Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller

LMisher

Re: Project 03 Prelim

Post by LMisher »

Hello Cedar!

I really enjoyed your website concepts. Although they are all nice, my favorite is the pc version of the one with the car, hills and the dirt road in the background. The only suggestion I have is to create a Navigation Header Menu instead of a Hamburger menu on the PC version, as that is reserved for the mobile version. Great job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Wow! I can see you put a ton of time and creativity into these! I'm definitely voting for the silhouette version, the fonts, color choices, and imagery are an easy sell. Comparing it to the original website emphasizes it even more, they'd be so thankful to have you on their graphics team!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh I'm all about that first design, Cedar. That thing is rockin'. I can hear the James Bond theme music just looking at it.

That silhouette and those credit sequences are iconic and you've taken full advantage here. I love the motion of it all and you decision to limit the color palette down to black, gray, white, and yellow was genius. Keeping it simple gives it an old movie poster feel. Everything contrasts so nicely. I like the way the gun barrel and the focal point moves around from page to page. Adds to the motion and makes you feel like you're in a James Bond opening credit sequence. The logo type is great. Perfectly in line with the movies. Good margin on everything. The whole layout is very clean. And your navigation is easy to find and presumably to use.

Your inner page could use a little more content. It looks like you have the perfect spot to the right of the gun barrel on your computer version and above it on your mobile version. I'm not sold on your bodycopy font either. It seems broken up and I don't think it needs to be in all caps.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Cedar!
I LOVE your first design, it is so simple yet captivating. The layout really pulls you in and establishes the vibe of James Bond, great work!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Cedar!
Your first design captured my attention right away! It's very straightforward, but also mysterious. The colors also stand out a lot as well. You made everything more simple and easy to navigate compared to the original website. Great job!
-Natalie Meza

taylorichord

Post by taylorichord »

The second set looks incredible! It's so clean and simple but the images add a lot of intrigue to them. The first set of designs look very nice too.
Great job!
Taylor Ichord