Project03_prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
KAWINTHRAC

Project03_prelim

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi, my chosen bad website is SANAA architects (http://www.sanaa.co.jp/). They are a famous Japanese architecture firm who has a lot of interesting projects in many countries around the world including the United States. In 2010, they received a Pritzker Prize (considered as the Noble Prize in Architecture). Unfortunately, their website has only contact information and nothing else. So, I'd like to try if I can make another version of website for them.

When I looked through their designs, it seems most of them are in contemporary style. They are delicate and powerful, precise and fluid, simple, and also minimal. Most are in white. Some are in light or natural color of materials in order to blend in with their surroundings. So, I decided to choose white for their background and make all components laid out in grid to create a clean look of the web pages. For their logo, I chose to use a thin san serif typeface instead serif one from their website to create a continuity and organic flow to represent their styles. And here are my two options:

Option #1:
grc175_project03_prelim_option1.1_kc.jpg
grc175_project03_prelim_option1.2_kc.jpg
grc175_project03_prelim_option1.3_kc.jpg
grc175_project03_prelim_option1.4_kc.jpg
Option #2:
grc175_project03_prelim_option2.1_kc.jpg
grc175_project03_prelim_option2.2_kc.jpg
grc175_project03_prelim_option2.3_kc.jpg
grc175_project03_prelim_option2.4_kc.jpg
Please leave me some comments. Thank you!!
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

onnimelon

Re: Project03_prelim

Post by onnimelon »

This website was so odd, it was like a digital business card. I really prefer option #2 for the layouts, but I like that the home page starts with a simple picture in design #1. It captures the original without the lack of anything else. Really nice to look at!
alexandra buyck :D

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi Kawinthra!

As far as effort put into these websites, this is the worst. Something was tried, and failed. You can tell they appreciate simplicity and minimalistic design. You take that minimalism and turn it into a great design. Your color pallet and the linear typeface keeps that minimal design, but elevated. I really like both of them, it's a hard decision. I think I lean slightly toward the white design, it gives more of a feel that it's the same site, only with much better design.
-Nathan Grover

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

KAWINTHRAC! The supercomputer strikes again! Bringing another kickass coffee table design. I really appreciate your design sensibility, Kwinthra. I like your first one better. I think it's the large homepage image and contrast that sold me.

The inside feels a bit like an art museum with displays of their works and little placks telling about what they are. The whole layout is very clean and wide open even in the relatively closed in space of a mobile screen. And of course I love your homepage with a big ol' image and great contrasting text against it. Your header, even as implied as it is on the homepage, makes for a great framing device. One little UI element that I really love is that little downward scroll arrow on your mobile. Let's people know not to get too enraptured with the image and keep scrolling. Great typography choices too. Your type is very clean and precise which suits Sanaa's modern sensibilities. I like your use of margin as well. Everything is wide open and has room to breathe. Which also fits theie modern sensibilities.

I would recommend letting the gallery tile on the computer version of you layout. No need to vertically stovepipe it there.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hello, Kawinthrac

All of your designs are really interesting but I have to say I like the first one more. the layout that you use as well as the font really does push a very clean and and modern look. I also like your use of space especially in your first page.

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

These are so calming to look at and the text description on the website is beautifully done! I think the first one is the stronger of the two. Can't wait to see the final result! :)
-Jillian Rodgers

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hello Kawinthra!
I love both of the designs you posted. The original website is very empty and has nothing but the contact information. Your layouts provide excellent contrast and good imagery that the actual website lacks. My favorite layout is the first one; the imagery is beautiful and provides the web user with great information on what the company does. My only suggestion is maybe using a serif typeface instead of a san serif typeface for the information. Besides that, everything looks beautiful and I can't wait to see the final product! :D
Giselle Sanchez

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Your version of this website is very easy on the eyes, as well as being easily navigable! You made it clean and professional, full of great hierarchies and contrast, good look overall. I like both versions but I'm leaning towards the blue background versions, I enjoy the imagery and calm feeling they bring! Great job!!

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello KAWINTHRAC!

These are very good website designs. The white version of option one was my favorite. You have a nice and clean page with user-friendly navigations and lovely pictures. It makes me feel like I am reviewing a brochure and planning a trip somewhere. Great job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Kawinthra!
I really love your first design! It really compliments the theme you are going for, and the contrast really pulls you in with that large background picture. Great work!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer