Project03_Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Natuwu

Project03_Prelim

Post by Natuwu »

Hello everyone!
These are my designs for project 3!
I decided to redesign my dads landscaping website since he had been asking me to help him out for quite some time haha.
https://www.deserthillslandscape.com/
Attachments
dhl04_mobile.jpg
dhl04_desktop.jpg
dhl03_mobile.jpg
dhl03_desktop.jpg
dhl02_mobile.jpg
dhl02_desktop.jpg
dhl01_mobile.jpg
dhl01_desktop.jpg
-Natalie Meza

Giselle

Re: Project03_Prelim

Post by Giselle »

Hello Natalie!
It is so cool that your dad has his own website and is asking you to redesign it; he must be very honored! I love the second layout; it has significant contrast, and everything looks more organized. My only suggestion would be to find a lighter type for the body copy; it is a little thick and hard to read. Besides that, your website redesign is coming along, and I can't wait to see how you make your dad's website glow! :D
Giselle Sanchez

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

How nice that you're doing this for your dad!
I like the 3rd design!
Do you have access to the logo without a background? I highly reccomend getting the original vector art for the logo. Having the white background as a jpeg image will really start to pixelate, plus it looks like it doesn't belong.
But all that said, super cute, and I enjoy the colors.
alexandra buyck :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Natalie, I'm sure your dad is over the moon to have you redesign this for him! The use of greens and browns are perfect color choices for the business, as well as the typefaces and layout, they all give a calm, professional vibe to the whole website. If I had to choose one I'd go with your third version, the one with the green background and square frames for the images, it is neat and easy to navigate, and any user could easily look into the services.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Uh oh! The "uwu" has struck again. It looks like you've done four homepages here so I'm not sure who's paired with who here, so I'm going to play a little mix and match and assume the big button design (the second one down in your post) is the home page and the brown design at the bottom (the fourth one down in your post) are a home page and inner page pair for the purposes of critique, but I am not sure.

One thing I really like is your color scheme. It does a lot to sell the idea that this is a gardening website. I like the idea of some of the inner pages having green backgrounds and some having brown backgrounds as you establish in your nav. Maybe have each page have a slightly different tint or shade of green or brown so it's unique? I like your top bar images as well. They're very lush and really reinforce the garden website idea. Surprisingly, your sans-serif type works pretty dang well. Just don't forget to swap it around the logo, huh? Your website is easy to read and I have no trouble finding your navigation. Everything is well laid out and easy to find. Aside form the logo it has pretty good margins too.

I'm not sure I like the way you're presenting your logo. It's squished on a white background and goes all the way up to the edges of said background. I'd recommend at least opening the logo back up to it's regular aspect ratio and punching out the white background behind it. You're clearly playing with transparency elsewhere in your design, maybe put it in a transparent container of some sort. Your navigational text doen't really need underlines, especially when it's in a button. I don't know that your bodycopy needs to be all centered either. I think it would look better left aligned and maybe a little lighter weight too. The whole site could use a few more images outside of the top bar as well.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Natalie!
I really like your second design, your hierarchies are laid out so well. It's really organized and seems to be very easily navigated. Great job!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hi Natalie,
I think you did a great job matching your color choice to the subject of the webpage. I really like the second design I think the use of negative space up near the header creates some real visual interest.
-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller