Project03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
kristenrothbauer

Project03 Prelim

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi All!
The website I chose for Project2 is Ling's Cars https://www.lingscars.com/
I tried to make two layouts that look very different from each other, while both maintaining a drastically more simple look than the original website. For my first layout, I played around with the traffic cone imagery used in the original, and kept the color scheme very simple. For my second layout, I tried a completely different vibe compared to the original and tried to make it all look very cohesive and eye-catching. The original website is very all over the place and not cohesive at all, so I aimed on creating layouts that fixed those issues.
Attachments
lings01_desktop.png
lings01_mobile02.png
lings02_desktop.png
lings02_mobile.png
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

Giselle

Re: Project03 Prelim

Post by Giselle »

Hello Kristen!
The website you chose still looked cool, but not to be selling cars. :lol: I love both of the layouts you posted especially the first one! The first layout captures the theme the Ling's were trying to convey. It has great use of colors without using a lot of colors like the original. It is also organized better, and the typefaces you use are legible and stylish! I am so excited to see what you do with this website. My only suggestion would be to add space between the car type and model; the names overlap each other a little. Besides that, the first layout looks ready to build! :D
Giselle Sanchez

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Kristen,
These are very nice website makeovers. I especially love the second one with the car. The colors are awesome and it reminds me of Fast and the Furious. :)
There's no advice to give because I think that both websites are great. They easy to navigate and the mobile versions both have the hamburger menus, so you did a wonderful job.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Sierra_Ross

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hi, Kristen!

I like the black, white, and red design the best. I think it looks very clean and I love the car illustration. The overall layout is also very pleasing to look at and I like your choice of colors.

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Kristen! I'm immediately sold on the car illustration version of these layouts, the contrast and use of color are so lovely, it gives a badass feeling to the website. The sharp shapes and graffiti typeface tie it all together, Ling would be so happy to see this version, one of my favorites so far!!!!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! You've got two excellent ones here, Kristen. I would have liked to have seen inner pages, but what we have is great. I want so badly to pick the kickass edgy Ford GT second design and tell you to do that one, but I really think it's your first design that captures the slightly unhinged energy that the Ling's Cars website projects. I think you should go with that one instead.

Two things sold me on it. One is the self portrait of Ling. Totally trustworthy. 100% not going to scam you on some jalopy. The other is that hilarious traffic light logo. I love it! It's the kind of bizarre thing that would be perfect for a slightly shady car dealership. I can image a bunch of terrible slogans already with the stoplight dinging and changing colors in the ads. And your commitment to the bit is stellar. I love the use of red, yellow, and green as accent colors through the whole thing, and the circles as the call to action divider. Your type works well too. The logotype is clearly the product of a nonstandard mind which is perfectly on brand and the sans-serif type is clean and informative. Between the portrait and the car inventory pics it's got the perfect amount of pictures. Great use of margin throughout. Everything has room to breathe. Your navigation is easy to find and presumably use.

My issues are mostly nitpicks. Make sure your red, yellow, and green lines are the same depth on your mobile site and lift up your nav just a bit from the red, yellow, and green line at the top of your computer version. I would also have liked to have seen inner pages for both designs. That's it, really.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hi Kristen,
I really really like your second design, this simple color pattern that allows the red to pop goes a long way to catching the viewers eye. This is only elevated by having the beautiful drawing of the car to hold the attention that the color pattern grabbed. Well done.
-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Kristen!
I really like the color scheme you chose for your second design, I think it represents the company a bit better, but overall you did a great job on both!
-Natalie Meza