Project03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
chloecutter

Project03 Prelim

Post by chloecutter »

Hey everyone!
I realize my mobile versions don't totally match my web versions, I wanted to show multiple variations and match them when I decide on a final format/color palette. These were too fun to make, I love the colors but I'm afraid they might be too busy and/or distracting, let me know! The original website is hard to navigate and the color palette isn't cohesive, so I (hopefully) made it into something fun, playful, and inviting by using primary colors, rounded type, and simple shapes. The hamburger menu will lead to a list of About, Contact, and Home, and the three buttons will lead to separate Bounce House, Slide, and Slip-n-Slide browsing pages.

Original Website:
http://www.bouncehouseguy.net/about-us.html

Website Inspiration #1:
https://bouncelandfun.com/
Taking heavy inspiration from this website's format, I love the use of the big blob shapes and typefaces, as well as the overall layout.

Website Inspiration #2:
https://thebigbounceamerica.com/
The colors used in this website are amazing, they're bright, lively, and inviting, as well as the slanted type used throughout!
Attachments
project03_cc_175_mobile01.jpg
project03_cc_175_web01.jpg
project03_cc_175_web01_bouncehouses.jpg
project03_cc_175_mobile01_bouncehouses.jpg
project03_cc_175_mobile02.jpg
project03_cc_175_web02.jpg
project03_cc_175_web02_bouncehouses.jpg
project03_cc_175_mobile02_bouncehouses.jpg

onnimelon

Re: Project03 Prelim

Post by onnimelon »

Your mobile versions definitely do not have to match in my opinion. I think you were really effective in going from mobile to desktop in both designs. The colors are bright and colorful as they should be for this website. I especially like the homemade looking drawn icons that work with the child aspect. I believe you really did make it fun and playful. I really like that softer bright pink color as the base!
alexandra buyck :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Chloe!
I am obsessed with your redesign of the website! The original website has barely any color and is hard to navigate. I love your first design; it is colorful, and the layout is easy to follow. It is not busy; it makes the company seem extremely fun and inviting. My only suggestion would be to change the body font or secondary font to a serif. It would add more contrast between the information and good contrast to the stylist bubble font. Besides that, this website looks ready to have the best makeover ever! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Okay, this is too much fun, Chloe. You've really captured the fun and mild insanity of being in a bounce house with a bunch of people. I slightly prefer your first design because it's rounder and poofier and feels a little more like a bounce house. These designs bring a smile to my face.

The colors are so bright and cheery. Great choices on your part. The gradients make it feel like it's all backlit, like sunlight shining through a bounce house. I also love how everything is rounded. I feel like if I touched parts of your website, it'd squeak or something. That being said, it also conveys information pretty darn well, or at least, I have no trouble reading it. Your typography choices are excellent. I love the balloony title text. It just adds to the blobby feel of it all. It works well with your sans-serif main type too. Your navigation is easy to find and presumably use. Good photos too. They enhance the spirit of fun this thing has.

Can ... can you bounce the "O's and "E"s in your page title like you did on your second design. It's so much fun and adds such motion. I'd also recommend making your logo a little more visible in your top bar.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Chloe

I really love both of your design and they look so fun. your use of gradients is amazing. but I have to say I'm drawn to the first one much more I love the very soft edges you use on everything and in your last one it has a lot more straight lines and I feel like the softer edges that go with the bouncy house works a lot better. the font you also used works so well.

jillian_rodgers

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Wow, both of these designs are so colorful and fun! You did such a great job giving life to the webpages. I really enjoy the first design, especially with the emotive type and simple background. Amazing work! :)
-Jillian Rodgers

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hey Chloe!

First of all, I really love your color and font choices. They make me feel like a kid again! :)
I like your websites and the bounce house/party event concepts. My favorite version is the 3rd pc version. This one was very cool.
Keep up the good work!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Chloe, Both of your designs are looking great. colors make it fun. I like your font choices. The round letters suitable with the products. I like the first design a little more because the curve of background shapes make it feel soft and bounce more than the second one. Cool!
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Chloe!
I love love love your first design, the soft and round vibe is perfectly captures the energy of bounce houses. The energy of your layout really jumps off the page. I also think the color scheme you chose is perfect it's so fun and playful, great work!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hi Chloe,
Great job on the color choices for these designs, wow do they catch the eye. I think the first design in the stand out, both designs work in my opinion but the first one has a much more organic feel to it.
-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller