Project 01_final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
KAWINTHRAC

Project 01_final

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hello everyone,

Here is my final. I did change a few things on both desktop and mobile versions, mostly based on comments from prelim. I added a quote that I have for other design here to be a focal point of the page and removed my paragraph down to the bottom right and adjusted leading too. I also eliminated black frame on the left & right leave the top and bottom. I also removed white background behind text and replaced with black & overlay with low opacity to make the letters easier to read. The only different for mobile version from the desktop is I moved my paragraph down to center bottom instead of align right to make the page more balance with all composition.
project01_final_desktop_kc.jpg
project01_final_mobile_kc.jpg
For 2 useful websites related to web design, I choose:
https://www.feelingpeaky.com/9-principl ... eb-design/
This article is talking about 9 principles of good web design. The writer points to things we need to make an effective website.
and the other one is https://www.toptal.com/designers/typogr ... r%20screen.
I found this one when I tried to decide what size of all letters should be. Hope this is useful for you too.

Thank you for leaving me some comment :)
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

onnimelon

Re: Project 01_final

Post by onnimelon »

Very cool and minimalist. I like it a lot. You inspired me to also use a quote! I think the readability is much better with that transparency
alexandra buyck :D

Brooke_Brown

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello! I love the design you ended up going with, your prelims were both so good it was hard to pick on the poll. This looks so neat and clean, it looks like a professional website! I love it!
Brooke Brown

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Kawinthra!
I love how you redesigned the top of the website's computer layout; your name and links fit great together. I also love how you included the quote you had on your other design. The contrast is better, and the type is more legible. My only suggestion is to move the body paragraph in the computer layout to the middle to match your mobile design. The body paragraph is off to the side and should be the primary focus beside the quote. Besides that, your website looks amazing, and I can't wait to see it live! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Awesome! You picked the big photo one, Kawinthra. And it looks great. I especially like your instincts of moving the type into some of the darker areas of the image rather than using semi-transparent boxes behind the type.

That photo is just magnificent and makes for a great centerpiece for this design. Visually powerful and attracts the eye. The whole thing looks like the cover of a coffee table book. I also like the use of the header and footer almost like a matting around the photo. A good spot for your navigation and class info. Your logo is pretty strong, too. That, combined with the photo makes this website look like a photographer's studio website. Great use of contrast as well, not just in the header and footer, but also in the image. I have no trouble reading any of your type, either the quote, or your bodycopy, which looks like a photo caption. Good typeface choice. I like that you went with one and then played with different weights to establish hierarchy. Your navigation is easy to find and, presumably, to use.

I think your bodycopy would have looked better a bit higher up than it is on your computer version. Also, the top margin of the class info in your footer on your computer version is a little tight. You don't need a hamburger navigation on your computer version since your buttons are right there.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Wow, what an amazing choice of imagery you've chosen, truly! The reflection of the mountain on the lake is stunning, as well as the layout and choice of fonts create a very professional web design throughout. I could see this as a website used by a professional photographer, wonderful job Kawinthra!

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hi Kawinthra!

All can say is WOW! Your design is breathtaking! I love the snowcapped mountain on the lake. The fonts are easy to ready and the page is clean and easy to navigate! The only suggestion I have is to remove the hamburger menu from the pc version, because your menu is already in place. Other than that, it's a "chef's kiss!" Get job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hello Kawinthra!

Dang, this really feels like a professional website. The image used is beautiful and the minimal size on the typeface really allows the user/reader to enjoy the page. Great work!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi Kawinthra

I love the simplistic and nature vibe that your website gives off. I I like how you used hierarchy to draw the eye across the page in diagonal fashion it also looks very easy to navigate with the hamburger menu in the top corner in both of your designs

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi kawinthra!!

Love this photo and how it's the focal point of the website. Can't wait to see this as a website, nice job!!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)