Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Joey_Escalera

Project 01 Final

Post by Joey_Escalera »

Hey everyone! Here are my final designs! I didn't post a pre-lim, but some changes I went through with this process were completely changing the background photo, as well as going through a couple of different styles that I couldn't decide between. I'm really happy I decided to go with a full picture background, I think it's fun but not too busy.

My two site references:
https://almostreal.me/
https://www.artgalleryofballarat.com.au/
mobileview_proj1_je.jpg
proj01_je.png

onnimelon

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by onnimelon »

I like how colorful and summer feeling your site. The nice pink stroke on your name is a nice touch. I'm worried that the bio text is too difficult to read. Maybe use a thicker, bolder font or font weight. Maybe even adding a transparent background like you did in the mobile version!
alexandra buyck :D

Brooke_Brown

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello Joey! I like your design! It took me a second to figure out what the object in the background was, but overall i get the happy summer vibes you were going for and i like it :)
Brooke Brown

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ahoy there, Flamingo! This one is a text book case of a clean simple design made nifty by a truly rad background photo.

The layout on these is very clean and presents it's information well. Your navigation and title are easy to read. I especially like the pink drop shadow on your title. Makes it look like to opening credits of some kind of Magnup P.I./Hawaii Five-O tropical noir kind of thing. In fact, I'd say "tropical noir" is the entire vibe here. It a beautiful locale, but there is clearly trouble in paradise. And all of that comes down to the star of the show, that masterfully selected background image. It's so visually interesting and you've worked the layout so well around it. It's eye catching and colorful and seems to be a mystery that demands to be solved. What happened here? I also appreciate that you appear to have used a single typeface with different weights establishing hierarchy throughout. That always serves well to lock a composition together. Good use of margins throughout. Nothing feels too crowded.

The big weakness of both the computer layout and the mobile layout is the bodycopy. The drop shadow, combined with the semi transparent backer, and the thin type makes for a combo that renders your bodycopy a little difficult to read especially in your mobile version. I think a thicker font of your perfectly good typeface., maybe in a dark color would have been easier to read against the sand without the need for all the effects that muddied it up a bit. On your computer version I think it would have looked better a little further down from your title.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

The overall pink theme throughout in small details such as the drop shadow and the image creates great unity and cohesiveness! Wonderful job!

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hello Joey!
I love the picture you chose for your website! The pink flamingo pops, and incorporating the pink throughout your design helps bring everything together. I also like the typefaces you chose; they are legible and stylish at the same time. My only suggestion is to make the shape behind the body copy in your mobile design more prominent. Maybe raising the opacity of the shape or making it a darker pink? Aside from that, your website looks cool, and I can't wait to see it live! :D
Giselle Sanchez

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Joey,
I really like your design. I like your colors, fonts choices, and effects you used. They go very well with each other and bring up the vibe of your background image. Your layout is easy to navigate too.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hey Joey!

I really like the sandy beach background and the added pink on both versions. I did; however, find it a little difficult to read the text in the mobile version due to the added pink background. I would also recommend using a hamburger (drop-down) menu instead of the tab menus on the mobile version. Other than that, it was very nice.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi Joey!

A beach theme is always a good idea in my book. The matching pink was done very well between the flamingo and your typeface. A suggestion, for the mobile layout the links seem to crowd each other a bit, but that's an easy fix. Nice work!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hello joey

I love the beach theme you went with. The font you used I feel like I could see at an ice cream. I also love how you used the pink font to highlight certain parts of your layout and how it matches the Flamingo you have in the background.