Final project 1 Genevieve Dierenga

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Final project 1 Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Instructor »

Super clean, Genevieve. Reminds me of a warm and inviting diner that is kept immaculate.

They layout is simple, which adds to the cleanliness. Everything is at hand and easy to find. And yet for all it's cleanliness, It isn't boring. You're a master at adding in little bits of visual texture so the eye doesn't get bored. I like the little, almost metallic, drop shadows under your headlines The way your title drops down through the bottom of your footer with a reversed drop shadow. Great margins everywhere also. Everything has room to breathe. You use proximity to create little content islands through the whole thing. Great type choices as well. The two typefaces work well together. Really reinforces the diner vibes. Well, those and your color choices which are excellent. Gentile pastel purple that plays with the white and a gray that gives great contrast without being harsh against the pastels or white.

Given how clean everything is on your layout, I think your bodycopy could have benefitted from being justified. Turn it into another hard block.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kristenrothbauer

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Genevieve!
I absolutely love how you created your layout, and the menu for projects is perfect. I also really love your color and font choices. Great work!
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

Natuwu

Post by Natuwu »

Hi Genevieve! You did a great job with the layouts in both desktop and mobile! They are very clean and easy to read!
-Natalie Meza

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hi Genevieve,
Good job on your project! I love the pastel colors you chose, I also really like how you set your name over the edge of the box at the top. I think it's easy to try and fill that header space with your name, but setting the name over the edge creates more space and visual interest, well done.
-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller