Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
onnimelon

Project 01 Final

Post by onnimelon »

Hi everyone,

I'm Alex and I totally reworked my desktop and mobile design. I wanted something that reflected me a bit more so I went with gothic meets medieval with an ugly medieval painting of a cat to finish it off.

Thanks in advance for any type of critiques that may help me!

Design inspiration links are listed here:
https://onepagelove.com/
https://prototypr.io/
Attachments
final-grc175-project02.zip
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 29 times
final-mobile-design.jpg
final-desktop.jpg
alexandra buyck :D

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello Alex! I really like the theme you went with! It is very old school classical and I like it a lot! I love the funky picture and the type is so fun and eye-catching!
Brooke Brown

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Alex.

I like your website concept. The chocolate-gray background is nice, and I like the picture of the cat. It makes it look vintage. I maybe would have avoided the purple button on the dark background because it makes it a little hard to see. I also noticed that the web version was missing your email address and TMCC logo. The mobile version was also missing your email address. Other than that, your page was clean and easy to navigate, so good job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

I really do love this image of the cat, he is so mysterious and smug, and a good touch of purple to tie in the picture. I would add more purple throughout the design to really push the cohesiveness, but other than that it's great! The typeface, picture, and layout fit well together!

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hello Alex!
I love the picture you chose for your final design. It is very artistic, and the colors pop well. I also love the typeface you used for your name; it is eye-catching. My only suggestion is to add more color to your design. Maybe adding more blue to tie in your picture a little more? Besides that, your website looks ready to be built, and I can't wait to see it! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh snap! We're going weird medieval critter here. I love it! Mass insanity.

This is a super clean layout that's going to be a relatively easy build for Project Two. Everything is cleanly laid out with good margins. Easy to find what I'm looking for. I was going to poke you bout the solid gray back, but it's growing on me as I look over it. It's like this whole thing is on a castle wall somewhere. Like someone has hung an image of a weird medieval critter on the wall and then scribbles some lettering next to it. I also appreciate how your layout seems to be a tribute to illuminated manuscripts. You've chosen your typeface well. It's very on-brand for what you're going for. I don't even mind the sans-serif bodycopy, it works okay here. Your navigation is easy to see and, presumably, use.

Your navigation type looks horizontally squished in it's buttons, it looks so much better in the title. I think your bodycopy could use a little paragraph spacing. I think your weird medieval critter could stand to be a little larger on your computer layout.

Good work. I love the implication that you are, in fact, a weird medieval critter.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Alex,
I really like your medieval theme here. Your name is really pop. Love the white cat painting. Dark background contrasts very well with your title, body, and the image. The layout seems easy to navigate too.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi Alex(andra)!

I haven't seen much use of oval shapes, which really lends a classically gothic feel and accomplishes what you said you set out to do. Re-working was a good idea and surely a lot more work, so good job!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Alex!

I really like the medieval style font face you used it is very unique and it definitely adds to the picture of the cat. I also like how you set up your menu screen with the different colors of links to different pages.

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi alex!!

I really like the font, it ties in the cat so effortlessly lol. Really like the theme you went with, great job!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)