Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Natuwu

Project 01 Final

Post by Natuwu »

Hello everyone, this is my final website design for Project 01. After reading through the feedback I received, I chose my purple layout. My main focus with this project was to create a layout that felt balanced. I made sure to keep it nice and simple so that it is easy to navigate. I made a few changes to my original layout. I added more bubbles and a hamburger menu in the mobile version. I also changed the color of the tmcc logo in both versions.
These two links have helped me understand some of the basic things to take into consideration when creating a website. They inspired my layout and helped me make changes to improve it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ytMSuwbf8
https://www.wix.com/blog/how-to-design-a-website
Attachments
grc175_project1_desktopfinal1.png
grc175_project1_desktopfinal1.png (2.81 MiB) Viewed 6390 times
grc175_project1_mobilefinal1.png
-Natalie Meza

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello Natalie! I really really like your colors and layout!! I love your computer layout and how everything is spaced nicely and organized in a very clean layout, its very calming looking :)
Brooke Brown

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Natalie!

This is a nice clean and well-designed website. My only suggestion is to remove the boxes from the mobile version, as they are not needed due to the hamburger menu at the top of the page. Good job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Natalie!
I love the layout you chose. I love the color and the picture you picked. Everything looks balanced, and it has a clean look to it. It has space for links, and the hierarchy is prominent. My only suggestion is to choose a different typeface for your body copy; the typeface is thick, and a little hard to read. Maybe try a thinner font to see how it would look. Aside from that, everything looks ready to start building your beautiful website! :D
Giselle Sanchez

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

I like this a lot better. Very purple. Upping the opacity on the banner was a good idea
alexandra buyck :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Natalie! The shades of violet next to each other complement very nicely, as well as the rounded boxes around your information panels! Your image ties in well with the fonts and color scheme, great hierarchies, and contrast as well, it all comes together to create a soothing, chill website vibe.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Uh-oh, the "uwu" is back. And she brought a nice little website with her. I like this pastel jobbie you've brought. Very calming.

The layout is it's strongest part actually. Everything is very crisp and well placed. The hole thing is very clear. Your margins between objects are very good. I can visually navigate through it and find what I'm looking for every easily. This should be a straightforward build when you go to make it for your Project Two. I also think the typefaces you chose work well here. They compliment each other well. Your navigation is easy to find and presumably use. I also like the top images. The sunset goes well with the pastels and adds a feeling of peace to the composition. It also adds visual texture to the whole thing.

It still feels incomplete to me. I would have liked to see placeholder graphics on your big link buttons. The padding on your bodycopy container is pretty tight. The type is awfully close to the right and left edges. I'm also not sold on the centered bodycopy. I don't think it needed to be bold either. A little shouty.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi Natalie!

In the context of this web page, and only this web page, I wish you could add smell as a feature of the internet. Your use of the soothing nature of lavender is a big strength. I look forward to seeing how your page develops!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi Natalie

I love the shade of purple you use as well as how you changed the value of the purple to create a very unified design. One suggestion I do have is for your about me section the spacing of the font looks very large and you could probably change the spacing between the lines to make it easier to read. Displaying your projects like that is also a great idea so it's easy to know which ones which. I also really like the font you used for your name and how you separated it from the information about the class.

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi natalie!!

Love the shades of purple you used for this! I love how well it works with the photo you used. Great job!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)