Project01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kristenrothbauer

Project01 Final

Post by kristenrothbauer »

Hi Everyone!
For my design, I tried seeing how the other image I had worked with the design and it threw off the color palette. So I kept the original picture that compliments the color choices. I also adjusted the line length on my mobile and pc layout to make it a little more readable and flow a little better. I also added a small graphic on my mobile design to help break up the space a little more and make it feel more intentional.

Both of these websites I feel like show creative ways to address the layout, design, and flow of a website and are super educational and insightful.
https://www.nedavius.com/
https://www.marielamezquita.com/
Attachments
mobile01.png
web01.png
✮✢❂✶✧
Kristen Rothbauer

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project01 Final

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hey Kristen! I really really like your website layout and all the colors you used! It's very warm colors and they work very well with your cat photo, i also love the decoration you added. It all works together very nicely and is very pleasing to the eyes :)
Brooke Brown

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Kristen!

You've done a great job with this project. It's clean, easy to navigate, and I love the color scheme! It makes your page warm and welcoming. My only suggestion(s) would be to have a hamburger (dropdown) menu on the mobile version instead of the tabs, and add the TMCC logo on each version. Well done!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Kristen! This cat is so adorable, and I love the way you've tied the image into the design by adding more imagery elements such as the flower. The font, layout, and image have a very welcoming feel to them, great job!

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Kristen!
I love the design you decided to go with for project two. The color scheme is beautiful and provides great contrast. I also love the picture you used; it is adorable and artsy! The typefaces are legible and elegant. My only suggestion is to make the blue space in the mobile design smaller to add more white space with the graphic you added. Besides that, this website looks ready to build! :D
Giselle Sanchez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

This design has the vibes of the 1970s-era Van Gogh sunflowers print on my grandmother's wall. Warm and antique. It came out well, Kristen.

I has a sort of scrapbook feel as well. The stamped flower and design accents and the picture that looks like it's cut out of a magazine. Such texture. And your title looks like it's stamped over the top of everything. The whole composition is also superbly framed as well. Your copper header and big green footer make for great top and bottom demarks. Good color choices throughout, too. Everything is warm and friendly. I like that you mostly used one typeface of different weights to establish hierarchy and when you did, with your title, it's a font that compliments the bodycopy well.

Your content sits a little high on your mobile version. I think it would have looked better if you'd shrunk your footer down a bit and more vertically centered your content.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Kristen,
Your design is really good. I love your color palette. Everything is really clean and well design. Your type choices are good too. Your body text is very easy to read. The composition of your page is very nice too.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi Kristen!

The tri-tone background really enhances the cat image that you used, giving the overall presentation and layout a nice, inviting feel. The typeface used for your name is interesting in a very cool way. Your computer layout seems flawless to me, while the mobile has a bit of a chunk of empty space. Really good stuff!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hey, Kris

I remember seeing this one for your preliminary critique I really like the colors you used. the fonts you used for your name Has a good contrast between the font you used for your body copy and your menu options. Also the painting of your cat is so cute.

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi kristen!

Love the color palette!! very warm and inviting, makes me wanna find a comfy couch and snuggle with the cat in the photo (great photo btw!!!) lol. Fantastic job!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)