Project 3 - Larry Rubald

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Ravana

Project 3 - Larry Rubald

Post by Ravana »

So, my project 3 is complete and up....
http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/law ... p=projects
(click on the project 3 icon)

Much like project 2, I kinda went back to the drawing board after the initial critique. The logo and the layout went through several iterations before their current state... but it more or less started out as my 2nd layout (the neon threads) with the color wheel logo. Hopefully it turned out as well as I think it did! :mrgreen:
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

brienicole

Re: Project 3 - Larry Rubald

Post by brienicole »

I like your color choices and love your instructor body copy..haha.. ( nice slideshow..hehe) wish it were centered like your splash page but other than that it looks good!
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

mminten

Post by mminten »

Nice job Larry, I like all of it. The only thing I can see may be a problem is the seal in the background of the header. I don't really know what it is. Maybe just take it out or replace it with something else.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I think it turned out great! Love your instructor bio page and your gallery. Don't much care for the "enter" page though.
Kristine Toward

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

mminten wrote:Nice job Larry, I like all of it. The only thing I can see may be a problem is the seal in the background of the header. I don't really know what it is. Maybe just take it out or replace it with something else.
I didn't have the actual TMCC seal to work with, so I had to get the NSHE seal as a jpg and trace it. It's more of a placeholder for the TMCC seal than anything else.... much like it appears on the TMCC pages.
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

smith206

Post by smith206 »

I like the logo you did. I also like how you layed out your navigation with the two diff columns. Good overall layout and theme, I definently get the theme of what the grc program has to offer.
Kyle Smith

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

Nice website. Very enjoyable. I like your logo for tmcc/graphic. I also like the background for the content area.
Vy Tat...

jfotodesign

Post by jfotodesign »

thats legit dude i like the colors used in it which was all of them lol very cool layout
my Kia beats

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

Great job, especially on those interior pages that expand to fit all the course information and bios. At lot of work there but it really pays off, making that content very accessible. Very nice, classy site.

My one suggestion: When the enter page first came up I didn't see the colors. It must take a long time to load. I clicked through before I saw it, so the enter page looked all black and very bland. Not sure if there is a fix, since I don't understand those things much... but to take a guess... perhaps the file size for the color photo is too large and should be scaled back so it loads faster.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

hillysho

Post by hillysho »

You've heard my critiques...I don't like the seal. Otherwise I like it :)
Hilary Shohoney